WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me identify this vintage Movado. Judging from what i can find online, it looks like it has a Movado 150MN movement or possibly a Movado 75, i don't know enough to discern the two. In the second photo, you can see how there's 5476 etched into the bottom of the case. Does anyone know what this is for? Any information anyone can provide is greatly appreciated!
I just got it, but so far it's been keeping good time. I really like how there's two layers to get to the movement, one screw down and the other where you have to use the little notch to pick it up. I'm assuming it's been serviced before given all the light etchings on the inside of the case back, although i'm not sure of when it was last serviced. It has blued hands that look really cool in the light, but they were too difficult to capture a photo of.

Edit: I just found "470" etched into to inner case back, which leads me to believe the movement might be a cal. 470

Attachments

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Looks like a mid to late 1940s- early 1950s piece, with a rather lovely Taubert case in stainless steel.

Sadly, it looks like it's a bad redial. Frankly, the minute track and the seconds subdial look rather shoddy, so do the numerals at 5 and 7 creeping onto that subdial.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a mid to late 1940s- early 1950s piece, with a rather lovely Taubert case in stainless steel.

Sadly, it looks like it's a bad redial. Frankly, the minute track and the seconds subdial look rather shoddy, so do the numerals at 5 and 7 creeping onto that subdial.
Thank you for the information! That's a shame, i'm assuming that would really hurt its value?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts