WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone familiar with this discontinued Longines from the Master collection? Was keen to purchase it from a local watch collector but not sure if it is Authentic as I couldnt really trace any model that is similar.

Seller says no box and papers but assures me it is real, but wld like to do my due dilligence here if anyone could help.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I think it's a replica watch. If you go to any site that has real watches from the Master Collection, the word "AUTOMATIC" is smaller than the word "LONGINES" on the dial. Also, regarding the logo.. the icon under the word "LONGINES" stretches from the "O" to the "E". On your watch it is almost the length of the word Longines.

Look at the dials on the watches here:
Longines Watches - Authorized Retailer - Tourneau

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
+1. A fake, and a rather bad one.
I like these "seller assures it's original" stories. If someone wants to sell a watch, it's hardly imaginable that he'd say anything different, regardless of whether the watch is genuine or not.
Returning to the watch itself... I agree with RonD's observations. Not even the size of the inscriptions is wrong- they're far too shoddy to make one think that they've been made by Longines... I haven't seen any Master Collection piece with simple, applied hour markers. The three types of hour markers used in these are painted Arabic numerals, Roman numerals, and diamonds. Haven't heard of any other.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks much.. Really appreciate the advice. Had my doubts too as it looked so different frm anything on the Longines website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts