WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm new to the community and was looking for help identifying a watch.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a very high value as I don't think it's even real gold, but I'd just like to know where it came from basically. I paid $7 for it at a thrift store today and just curious, any help is greatly appreciated!! It seems pretty old, possibly vintage.

The front of the watch says only

top:
Central

bottoM:
U.S.A

The back of the face (once i popped it out) says
B.W. CO.
Safety Barrel
Adjusted U.S.A

On the lower right hand of the back of the face it says
Model B
7 jewels

And on the lower left hand of the back of the face there are 2 letters:

S F around what I think is a dial?

The strap is a silver dainty bracelet, witch VIOLA etched into it - which I think might just be from its' original owner.

I don't have a camera on hand, but will try to take a pic later on if you guys need more! Thanks!

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,934 Posts
The only "SF" I know of are Stolz Freres who founded the famous but now no longer extant company Angelus. However, although they had "SF" in their logo, I cannot say I have come across one looking like the one you described. 7 jewels is a low count, especially if it really is an Angelus - the only high class watches with low jewel counts I know have been from around WWI when these things were more of a luxury. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the watch!

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Welcome to the Vintage forum. Please read our sticky notes on Watch ID and valuation. We really need you to post a picture of the dial, case and hopefully the movement to give us any hope of identification.
That said you don't have a very high grade watch there. 7 jewels is about the minimum for a jeweled lever watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts