WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it $170 S&H, the biggest money I've spent on a Chinese watch, but I guess I won't be disappointed.

Thought it'd go well with a fat-strap, just like the way Paul did

But, due to my small sized wrist, I think this fits the watch better

Now this is really a beautiful watch with a timeless design, credit goes to Rolex, I must admit

With my Citizen Flyback Chronograph, they look like cousins!

Show me how your strap options!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very nice! The brown strap looks better indeed.
Mine must be somewhere between China and me so your pictures tested my patience a little more :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanna try some NATO but still have no idea what to go for. Need some advices! :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The second strap definitely looks better. I like the styling of the watch and was strongly considering getting one until I read all the reports about the fragile screw-down crown. Looks good though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I found i didnt even wear mine much with the alpha bracelet. for grins i put my invicta 9937 bracelet on it, which is a VERY nice bracelet. and it looks tits up. on my 9937 i put a bond 2 piece nato. so they will stay swapped for a while.

Reactions: copperjohn

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Boxer: Just got it for a week, so I really can't tell much at the moment, had been reading a lot before I made my order, though. Will let you guys know later.

@INHUMAN: you give it a solid and modern look, which is really good by the way.

Bonus: Chics or watches? :p

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Rally straps look great. This one's from Watchadoo:

Alpha5sm.jpg

Alpha1sm.jpg

Reactions: Fullers1845

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a Black Face/Cream Sub-dial version in the mail right now and I plan on putting a Brown "Breitling" style strap from Debeers on it when it arrives.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
All I ever care about is 'the look'. ;-)

Here are some shots of the 2 Panda Newman's I've had (and sold).

On Alpha double-ridged red leather:

On deBeers croco grain:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great strap suggestions, guys! Seems like the rally/racing themed straps fit the watch the most!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Just one little niggle about the title...

It is a functioning chronograph, so there is a wee bit more the those than 'just the look'...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just one little niggle about the title...

It is a functioning chronograph, so there is a wee bit more the those than 'just the look'...
Thanks, mate!
Chronograph does count, otherwise I wouldn't spent that much. But I've also heard that the movement is kinda 'fragile'; for example, a $200 MakTime Poljot 3133 is said to be much more robust.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'd like to know more about what makes it fragile. It's a Chinese made clone of the Venus 175, which is a well respected movement.

One more robust aspect of the Mak-Time 3133 chrono is that the watch does not have a thread-down crown, which is always preferable on a manual winding watch.

I have both and like them equally. I think they are great mechanical chronographs for the money.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Thanks, mate!
Chronograph does count, otherwise I wouldn't spent that much. But I've also heard that the movement is kinda 'fragile'; for example, a $200 MakTime Poljot 3133 is said to be much more robust.
The are about the same as far as 'robustness' goes, once you clear any quality issues with the Alpha.

There are a number of good quality watches that use this movement.... Precista, Wilson Watch, Kemmner, Sea Gull, to name but a few.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have my panda face on a black leather strap with red stitching & I think it looks great. I found that the winding spring broke & I had to have it replaced. But it works fine now & looks good too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts