WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would it be?

When I think of Doxa, I think orange and beads of rice....
So for me it'd be out of.....

600t
750t
1000t
1200t
All in Pro guise.

Still finding it hard to choose between these.

FYI.....I have a 750t pro at the moment and still don't know whether or not it looks too big.
I have a 7 3/4 inch wrist

·
Registered
837 Posts
the 750 always felt too big for me. I prefer the size and bracelet of the 1200

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I look at the 750, I feel it's big. When I see it on me in a full length mirror.... It looks fine. Weird

Anyhow.... Back to the original question

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi MuRph

good question that is, and it will be interesting to see the replies of those who know Doxas. I saw that 1000T on SC yesterday it didn't hang around long did it!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I want it to be the 750 because that's what I have, but if I were to be fair and objective, I'd have to say the 600.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
That's actually a very good question. Many of the "new" models hark back to the vintage and from a distance look exactly the same so in effect they are not really classic in their own right. For me it would be the 300T Reissue which was the "new generation" of the Doxa Sub and then the 5000T which was the "even newer generation". These are undeniably filled with Vintage 300T DNA but are different enough to make them classics in their own right. Not so sure about the 4000T. It is definitely a fantastic looking watch but it doesn't say Doxa they way these two do.

Sorry the 300T Reissue pic is actually the Irishstar. I hadn't time to did out a pic of the original orange dial.

·
Registered
37,672 Posts
After owning several models, 3 5000's, 3 750's, 2 1200's and 2 1000's in various color I would say it is

750 Pro, closely followed by the 600 Pro then the 1200Pro, which I would prefer to the 750 if it were 2mm larger I think. The dome crystal is cool! :)
But I haven't met a Dixa sub I did not like ;-)

Here is my current Doxa

·
Registered
357 Posts
Old time Doxa's were not orange

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never seen a 750 pro with that spacing. As in "SUB 750T" instead of "SUB750T"

I'm pretty much with you on the 750 choice.
I just need to get a GMT bracelet on it ;-) ..... Perfect.

After owning several models, 3 5000's, 3 750's, 2 1200's and 2 1000's in various color I would say it is

750 Pro, closely followed by the 600 Pro then the 1200Pro, which I would prefer to the 750 if it were 2mm larger I think. The dome crystal is cool! :)
But I haven't met a Dixa sub I did not like ;-)

Here is my current Doxa

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I'd have to say the 750T, but only because it seems to be such a popular and sought after model. Arguably, the 1200T is the more classic of the modern Doxas. But, I've always somehow gathered that the 750T had a subtle distinction of being the favored son...maybe because they were discontinued.

I guess another mark in the 1200s favor is the fact that it has become the "special edition" model. So I'd say that, even though the 5000T is the flagship model, the 1200T is really the face of Doxa in many ways.

For me though, the 750T is just more my size:

Deacon

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you line up The 600t, 1000t, 1200t and 750t in a row, from a distance they all look the same except for size. It is only when you put them on that you notice the differences such as how they feel and hug your wrist, flat/domed crystal, band thickness etc...If you have been lucky enough to own enough of the models you will obviously know what I am talking about. In my opinion the most classic of the modern subs has to be the 600t mainly due to the flat caseback and how low it sits on the wrist but once you add the domed crystal and classic case size I think you have a winner. That being said I wear a 750t and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Yup, 750T pro.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The 750T was my very first Doxa and the only one I bought factory fresh in 2005. Originally I wanna have the 600T but this one was sold out at this time. Some months later I had the chance to grab a preowned one off the bay. With the slim case and the flat back it sits perfect on my wrist.

Never saw one of the other new Subs in life but I've studied Pete's fantastic reviews. So I don't think that I can get more satisfied with one of these others. So I stay with my 600T! My perfect partner for diving and snorkelling activities around the world. (Still have my 750T, but rarely worn since 2006)

Compared to my vintages I can say that the 600T is closer to the classic early Sub from 1967/68 than any other of the reeditions (case/bezel dimensions, domed glass, polished center links ...)

So, my voting is clear >>> Sub 600T :-!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
801 Posts
I would say the 750T Pro, because of it's larger size - a more modern size dial (30 mm, same as all the Seikos, most of the 42mm divers it seems)

But, the 600T is a very close second - I had a 600T Sharkhunter and loved it - but thought it was a little small. Also, the 600/1000/1200s are so similar in size to the original 300Ts that I think you could argue for the larger Doxas being the modern classics -

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
My vote is for the 1200T... But I'm biased, because I've got one :-!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts