WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and took the plunge (again). After receiving and really enjoying the white dial version I realized I have quite a few "off the beaten path" watches in my box but do not have a classic, go to, black dial … so this becomes my Seiko SKX007 if you will :p … with a bit more class methinks. Anyway, we had lots of fun with the white dial already on its custom strap. Here we'll have a quick look at the black dial on the standard straps it comes with straight from Magrette. I do have a little side project going for this … if you read your watch boards carefully you may find it … but that will be subject matter for another post.

The black dial is as fine as the white. The polished top surface of the case can be dressy but the brushed sides take it down a half notch so it can be dressed down. The black definitely has a different personality than the white. It has that familiar Magrette vibe … which I tend to equate with Panerai with a modern twist. As most know a classically styled slightly minimalist black dial will go with just about any strap you throw at it and this one is no exception. I had some fun with lighting on this one due to the great lume and polished surfaces. On with the show …

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Very nice i like it on the tan leather especially. Out of the two i prefer the white better as it is very different
from so many of today's looks.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the person who asked via PM, the lume appears to be applied at about the same height on both versions. Each is stacked quite high. I think the fact that the lume is color tinted on the white dial might mean it is really just slightly dimmer ... both are plenty bright. The straight lume on the black dial however, is a torch.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Really enjoy this model. The case design is superb. Hoping to see future models with this case shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts