WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw a photo of Pope Francis with his watch figuring prominently (see at the bottom of this post), that started me on a mini-Internet investigation:

It turns out his watch is a resin-cased Casio MQ-24-7-BLLGF. The quartz watch sells for less than 15 Euros.

Article on it here in Italian, but in Google Chrome you can translate it with a right-click:

Al Polso dei Vip cosa c'è? - L'orologio di Papa Francesco - Orologiamo.it

Watch Analog watch Black White Watch accessory

Architecture Stock photography Real estate Gesture Pope

Pope Preacher Clergy Deacon Presbyter

Simple and utilitarian. A definite departure from his predecessors. Pope John Paul II rocked a Rolex Datejust:

Pope John Paul II (#265) And His Rolex Wrist Watch. | New Hampshire - The Live Free or Die State

Pope Benedict stayed true to his home country of Germany with a (very nice-looking) Erhard Junghans Tempus automatic.

Sammlung Philippi - The Watch of Pope Benedict XVI

Attachments

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,935 Posts
I have that watch lying in my drawer, its battery long dead. It's a no-frills, inexpensive piece. Good for those who just need a dependable, inexpensive watch. It suits this Pope's minimalist style.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Think he has the 18k Gold version there is a steel version that's about £1500. With a caliber J830 which is a modified Seiko (old Grand Seiko) Movement in it. Not seen too many of them about or too many reviews for that matter in spite of it looking like quite a nice watch and seems to be at a reasonable price for a nice movement. Whats the party CDU by the way, are they a German political party or something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.