WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

If there the date or day is wrong on a thread or Instagram, do you avoid liking/favoriting it?

• No, that is crazy. If you like it, LIKE IT.

Votes: 153 78.9%
  • Yes, I thought I was the only one who felt this way?

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Depends on my mood.

Votes: 23 11.9%
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when I am on Instagram, or even on the forums here and people post what watch they are wearing for the "day" and the date is off (obviously on day/date watches) I have an aversion to "liking" or "favoriting" or "heart-ing" a watch. Am I weird?

I think to myself "that watch/picture" is staged, etc. And unless it is a kick ass watch or photo, sometimes I just keep scrolling. I'm thinking I'm the only one, am I?

·
Registered
238 Posts
So if I have multiple pictures of a watch and that’s the one I happen to be wearing when I come across a WRUW thread, you need me to take yet another picture? What about those wearing no date watches, what do you require as their “proof” they’re actually wearing said watch of posted picture? It could easily be an older picture.

Then again, I can take or leave social media “likes”…grew up long before the “everybody gets a trophy” generation…

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Yes

·
170 Posts
LOL!! Some of the responses on this thread are classic!

Even funnier, just yesterday I actually took a new picture of my watch for this exact reason! The old one was a day off. LOL! (dumb me).

Then I started wondering to myself about the time, but I couldn't figure out how to take a picture and post it at the exact same nano-second. (still looking into this) :eek:

And then there's the 'no date' thing. Holy mackerel...then what??? (fuses blowing) I figured I could contort my body and wrist around such that the picture showed my laptop clock, or take a picture in the mirror with the calendar on the wall with a sticky note saying "Today!".

Additionally, I had no idea that pictures could only be taken at 10:10 for watch photography! Does 22:10 count?

So much to learn!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I don't know what day it is.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
So, when I am on Instagram, or even on the forums here and people post what watch they are wearing for the "day" and the date is off (obviously on day/date watches) I have an aversion to "liking" or "favoriting" or "heart-ing" a watch. Am I weird?

I think to myself "that watch/picture" is staged, etc. And unless it is a kick ass watch or photo, sometimes I just keep scrolling. I'm thinking I'm the only one, am I?
Guilty.. I dont need date on the watches

Reactions: Rodentman
1 - 20 of 185 Posts