WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

If there the date or day is wrong on a thread or Instagram, do you avoid liking/favoriting it?

• No, that is crazy. If you like it, LIKE IT.

Votes: 153 78.9%
  • Yes, I thought I was the only one who felt this way?

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Depends on my mood.

Votes: 23 11.9%
61 - 80 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Then you guys will not like most of my pics, Unless it is a watch that is digital or a perpetual analog watch, the dates will be wrong. I don't even both trying to set most of the dates on my watches now.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,424 Posts
I hear ya, OP.
I am in the process of unloading all my watches with dates, and have ONLY no date watches, so I can avoid this problem.
Cuz, then... bombs away. :poop:(y)
Hmmmmmm... :unsure: Now I find myself wishing I had tossed all my watches with date complication and kept only this one. Unfortunately, before I was able to snap the shutter on the pic, the chrono seconds hand inexplicably ran away from the zero index and ruined the shot forcing the sale of the piece. Having been sadly left with only date complication pieces, I have descended into a funk and been forced to read almost fourteen percent of this thread... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,505 Posts
So, when I am on Instagram, or even on the forums here and people post what watch they are wearing for the "day" and the date is off (obviously on day/date watches) I have an aversion to "liking" or "favoriting" or "heart-ing" a watch. Am I weird?
I think to myself "that watch/picture" is staged, etc. And unless it is a kick ass watch or photo, sometimes I just keep scrolling. I'm thinking I'm the only one, am I?
Well, it could be worst. You could have a fixation for watch movements, such as ETA, Sellita, and other various manufacturer's in-house movements — or do you?

BTW, I would rather view a photograph of a watch that catches the eye by using the proper lens, lighting, and background props than someone flashing a stage wrist shot with what could be the "correct date" for that day.

·
Registered
723 Posts
So, when I am on Instagram, or even on the forums here and people post what watch they are wearing for the "day" and the date is off (obviously on day/date watches) I have an aversion to "liking" or "favoriting" or "heart-ing" a watch. Am I weird?

I think to myself "that watch/picture" is staged, etc. And unless it is a kick ass watch or photo, sometimes I just keep scrolling. I'm thinking I'm the only one, am I?
I was coming in and going to make fun of your post but after I read it I actually get it.

HOWEVER - I tend to agree with you but I think sometimes you get a killer shot of your watch you want to share. So you took it last Tuesday and now it’s Thursday and you want to show it off.

that being said I’m guilty of it but I’m also very self conscious and make it a point to be vague about the watch and leave it to a much more broad description (if any) basically alluding to loving the watch not what day it is.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hmmmmmm... :unsure: Now I find myself wishing I had tossed all my watches with date complication and kept only this one. Unfortunately, before I was able to snap the shutter on the pic, the chrono seconds hand inexplicably ran away from the zero index and ruined the shot forcing the sale of the piece. Having been sadly left with only date complication pieces, I have descended into a funk and been forced to read almost fourteen percent of this thread... :rolleyes:

View attachment 15889952
I think you need about 42 more numbers on that dIal…

·
Registered
742 Posts
Correct date is preferred, but would not prevent me from liking the watch. I am guilty of posting a prior pic rather than taking a new one and then gong through the process of making it available on a post.

Easier to just show what everyone in interested in anyway: the watch - not whether the date is accurate

·
Registered
31,524 Posts
Doesn’t bother me it has to be said.

Reactions: Thebigif and Rojote
61 - 80 of 185 Posts