WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

If there the date or day is wrong on a thread or Instagram, do you avoid liking/favoriting it?

• No, that is crazy. If you like it, LIKE IT.

Votes: 153 78.9%
  • Yes, I thought I was the only one who felt this way?

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Depends on my mood.

Votes: 23 11.9%
81 - 100 of 185 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
If the watch is interesting or if someone took the time to stage a cool shot, I can overlook a wrong date. Unfortunately, we have a member who posts the exact same watch/picture in the dive WRUW for weeks at a time. That person definitely doesn't get any likes from me.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I never look at the date or the time to see what they are showing. People are viewing from different time zones and may have taken their photos earlier.

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,043 Posts
I suggest setting the date to the date of the WRUW thread. For watches that have no date function, like that gorgeous Damasko DC 80 up there, I suggest placing the watch on that day’s newspaper so that the date on the newspaper can be seen with the watch.
I presume since you still wear a watch that you still subscribe to a daily newspaper and listen to Jefferson Airplane’s Surrealistic Pillow (the mono version of course) on vinyl through your belt drive turntable and tube amplifier...
Now pardon me while I change the glow plugs in my 1982 Mercedes Benz 240D.
What can I say. Sometimes the obsolete is just...better for the soul.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
I used to often pull a photo from my files of whatever watch I was going to wear that day. I actually got reprimanded by more than one member, and one even said I was too lazy to take a current photo with the correct date. They put this thought into my head and made me extremely self conscious about it so that since then, I try to take a more current photo with the correct date (or at worst, one day off). Now my watch photo file is becoming overloaded with photos and I am too lazy to go back and delete them.
Joe

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
To me, and more of an issue than an incorrect date is a wrist shot with some ungodly hairy arm mixed in with flaky skin, scabs and scars. Definitely distracting from the watch. No one seems to ever mention it. I don't want to mention it and hurt someone's feelings or make them self conscious. My forearm and wrist is very ugly with freckles, scars, large veins popping out, and old man spots. I don't want to put anyone through that horror so I never post a wrist shot and instead prefer to post Carhartt, Dickies, and Red Head shots.
Joe

·
Registered
Oris Aquis Clipperton
642 Posts
People, this is the 21st century. If you have a great picture of a watch you're wearing that day but it's from another day, just Photoshop it. Not that I've done this...

·
Registered
Breitling, Cartier, Rolex (x2), Seiko, Sinn, Tissot (x3)
283 Posts
Never occurred to me to be concerned with the time or date in a picture. If it were a photo of a car I wouldn't care what the odometer says. If I like the watch I usually like the photo

·
Premium Member
8,505 Posts
I used to often pull a photo from my files of whatever watch I was going to wear that day. I actually got reprimanded by more than one member, and one even said I was too lazy to take a current photo with the correct date. They put this thought into my head and made me extremely self conscious about it so that since then, I try to take a more current photo with the correct date (or at worst, one day off). Now my watch photo file is becoming overloaded with photos and I am too lazy to go back and delete them.
Joe
Joe, I enjoy your pics and the way you use a background prop to highlight your watches and their straps, along with any brief narrative you may provide. My recommendations would be to go back to what you were doing before. But this time with one subtle difference and that is taking your pictures with the date set on the 31st. And, if anyone does not like that — then tough.

BTW, another thread that you may want to voice your dissatisfaction about your treatment WRT your pictures would be this thread: Most annoying things heard from non-watch people...

·
Registered
178 Posts
No one is under obligation to like any particular post, but I do find this a bit silly overall. If I have an existing picture of a watch/strap readily available, why waste time taking a new picture, stripping the EXIF info, and uploading it all over?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I am total agreement with you OP, I have a hard time liking it.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Not a big deal to me, but if it's just the same photo being used over and over I might not "like" it

81 - 100 of 185 Posts