WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

If there the date or day is wrong on a thread or Instagram, do you avoid liking/favoriting it?

• No, that is crazy. If you like it, LIKE IT.

Votes: 153 78.9%
  • Yes, I thought I was the only one who felt this way?

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Depends on my mood.

Votes: 23 11.9%
101 - 120 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
Rolex Submariner | Oris | Seiko Prospex Presage | Casio G-Shock
126 Posts
I just feel that if it bothers you that much then you really didn't like the watch that much anyway. When looking on your feed on Instagram sometimes they don't show you the post until a different day (if they show it to you at all) so the watch might have been on the right day, but you didn't see it until the next day.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So, when I am on Instagram, or even on the forums here and people post what watch they are wearing for the "day" and the date is off (obviously on day/date watches) I have an aversion to "liking" or "favoriting" or "heart-ing" a watch. Am I weird?
I hope so. But having spent some time here, I'm not so sure.
Do you account for the fact that the photo could be old?

I think to myself "that watch/picture" is staged, etc.
It probably is.

Who wakes up in the morning and decides to take a candid photograph of their watch, whether it's on their wrist or sitting on a table? Is there even such a thing as a candid photo of a watch? "Yeah, the watch was just sitting there and it looked like a great photo just as it was, nothing added or moved... it was a once/lifetime shot..."

·
Registered
570 Posts
I m uploading pictures of my watches with wrong date all the time.
1 Cause i grabbed the watch and didnt set the date (most of my watches are day-date)
2 Or because i took the picture at a past time and today happens to wear the same watch. So i upload the pic early in the morning to get more likes. Otherwise i ll have to edit it and the pic will be ready for uploading late in the evening.

·
Registered
20,580 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Doesn't really bother me, though I admit if it was a perpetual calendar set to some ridiculously wrong date, I might get a bit triggered.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is that the correct date in your location or that where the photograph was taken?
This adds a level of complexity to answering the question which may be problematic. 😇

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Wrong date doesn't bother me at all. I see the entire photo, the watch and the composition...

I do have trouble with 3 -hand watch photos where the all the hands are within 5 minutes of each other.... eewww :eek:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I've always seen the WRUW threads as about what you are wearing on that day and the picture being taken on that day.

I understand that its a PITA and how some would not see the merit in making a new pic every time but I think that is what makes WRUW worthwhile.

I have not posted on WRUW for some time as I cannot be bothered to make new pictures and I don't really like posting old photos - even if by coincident they have the correct date :D

Reactions: sunmoonstar.13

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
The lunacy of the Public forum continues to spiral into a death-spin of silliness. Unless this is a troll post, in which case it's a solid 'B'.

Sadly, I fear it isn't.

·
Registered
31,524 Posts
The lunacy of the Public forum continues to spiral into a death-spin of silliness. Unless this is a troll post, in which case it's a solid 'B'.

Sadly, I fear it isn't.
How about the people who post the wrong watch in the daily WRUW threads??

Now that really has me teaching for my 357 magnum.......... then I realise it was confiscated and melted down 😢

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
So, when I am on Instagram, or even on the forums here and people post what watch they are wearing for the "day" and the date is off (obviously on day/date watches) I have an aversion to "liking" or "favoriting" or "heart-ing" a watch. Am I weird?

I think to myself "that watch/picture" is staged, etc. And unless it is a kick ass watch or photo, sometimes I just keep scrolling. I'm thinking I'm the only one, am I?
Poor baby.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
101 - 120 of 185 Posts