WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm... will 2014 be as exciting as 2013, 2012?

Btw... found this old picture posted in 2010...

The BAMBINO had been around since 2010?

Reactions: grad

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are several Bambino's with Roman numerals currently available: CLASSIC AUTOMATIC | MECHANICAL WATCHES / ER24009W | ORIENT WATCH

Unfortunately the ER2400AB and ER2400AW have gone AWOL (they were listed on the site, but not anymore), you would have loved those.
Thanks for the link. Yes I would have liked them better. I just dislike the roman numerals on the new Bambino & how they do not run all the way around for every hour mark. Much rather have the watch in the OP.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
i'm not sure if i'd call that a bambino. while the crystal looks domed, the dial doesn't look curved. however, the orient 60th anniversary which has the domed dial and crystal did come out around 2010, so you could say that was sort of like a bambino in 2010.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still looking out for scoops... but no leaks...:-(

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
i'm not sure if i'd call that a bambino. while the crystal looks domed, the dial doesn't look curved. however, the orient 60th anniversary which has the domed dial and crystal did come out around 2010, so you could say that was sort of like a bambino in 2010.
Yeah, I think it's the pie pan dial that makes the Bambino so unique...

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I think the Bambino is nice as it is design-wise but would be great if they made a smaller version, say 37-38mm, that would be perfect for a dress, the current 40.5 is a bit too big IMHO. If they did that, I'd buy it in a heartbeat...oh wait, they do have a smaller version :-d, the OS Classic so maybe that's why they're not making it smaller, so as to not cannibalize on their pricier OS models.

What'd you think ?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I honestly think you are very correct. As much as I loved my Bambino, wish I hadn't sold it, and want another, I must admit it actually wore too large for the style of watch that it is. Given its styling, it looked much bigger on the wrist than a similar sized Ray. Again, I do love the watch, but I think it would look even better I it was a little bit smaller.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts