WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this was your small collection where would you go next ?
uploadfromtaptalk1403133594227.jpg
I want to get the bracelet for the Black Bay ASAP as it is the only one without a bracelet option . My feeling is a new brand and a new colour .
uploadfromtaptalk1403133731716.jpg
I don't wear suits , hardly ever even wear long sleeves and often find myself drawn to the reissue heritage style.
I like the idea of the Nomos Atlantik, possibly Rolex Green Sub .
Budget is less of an issue than the number of watches I would be allowed, the Seiko is a new arrival so I am looking to plan ahead with time to save up some cash.
Suggestions as to what I should head for gratefully received .
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: wuyeah and geoffbot

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You have three divers and a field watch. You need variety. Definitely go for the bracelet on the BB, as versatility is one of its strengths and then go for a chronograph or a dress watch. If this were my collection (as per the question) I would hunt down a Speedmaster 3570.50 or a Nomos club automat (white faced for a new color). If number of watches is an issue, the weak links are the breitling or the victorinox.

An aside: I love when a collection shot has all the second hands right on; a true WIS.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Classic chrono, probably vintage. Adds diversity and in keeping with you preference for retro-style watches.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
You have 4 GREAT watches. If I were you, I think I would look for something with a light dial. My personal favorite is the white/silver dial version of your Breitling. The last thing you need, however, is another dive watch. Another fave of mine is the Muhle Glashutte 29er Big:

29er big.jpg

Nomos (as suggested above) has lots of options, too. I really like the Ahoi Datum (classy and fun).

nomos ahoi.jpg

Good luck with your search. I'm sure you'll find something great.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
RRB and Robert got there before me. I would definitely look for a chrono.

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
I would go to a store that offered a better strap for the Black Bay

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nomos is certainly on my list, when I purchased the Black Bay Wempe did not have a Club in stock for me to see. At the same trip the 29er Big was also on my list to see but the store was shut that day. Yes, my shopping days are really that limited.
The Black Bay is currently on the standard second strap it came with, I have the original leather and a custom leather but too sweaty at the moment hence the strap choice and need for bracelet.
The yellow Sumo is interesting I've not even seen a picture of that before.

Would it be too OCD to say I want to limit my self to one watch from one brand, technically therefore does Grand Seiko count as a different brand from my MM 300 ? Might have to bend the rule there eventually.

And finally yes I admit I did synch all to the atomic clock before taking the photos , it was almost automatic rather than conscious !

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
Nomos is certainly on my list, when I purchased the Black Bay Wempe did not have a Club in stock for me to see. At the same trip the 29er Big was also on my list to see but the store was shut that day. Yes, my shopping days are really that limited.
The Black Bay is currently on the standard second strap it came with, I have the original leather and a custom leather but too sweaty at the moment hence the strap choice and need for bracelet.
The yellow Sumo is interesting I've not even seen a picture of that before.

Would it be too OCD to say I want to limit my self to one watch from one brand, technically therefore does Grand Seiko count as a different brand from my MM 300 ? Might have to bend the rule there eventually.

And finally yes I admit I did synch all to the atomic clock before taking the photos , it was almost automatic rather than conscious !
Oooh...Now we're going in the right direction, LOL!! ;)
I's not a separate brand at all. It's just one of their better lineups. Seiko Ananta, Grand Seiko, etc...... It's like Omega AT, Omega Devile, etc.
Which model are you looking at? Do share!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Go green, get the Hulk/Kermit if you want another dive watch. If you feel you have too many divers (there isn't such a thing imo ;-) ) you can get a Speedy Pro or a JLC Reverso.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
You seem to like colours and divers....Track down a Seiko Yellow Sumo.

View attachment 1533359
Man, that is nice. I just let my Monster go a few days ago (ended up giving it to a friend for his wedding) and feel odd being Seiko-less (let's not count the '80s Seiko quartz I have...).

I'm not planning on purchasing any watches, but that's mighty tempting, so it gets my recommendation for the thread!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Lets see. You could probably use a dress watch or a chronograph. It can't be a Breitling, Seiko, SA, or Tudor. A different color is also in order. Hmmmm
I would go IWC Portuguese Chrono and take care of all those requirements with one watch

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I would add a omega 3570.50, or something like a fortis b42 chrono. Omega speedy is a must have for everyone, I am missing that watch from my collection and have been looking for over a year for the right one. Pretty soon I will have to bite the bullet and overpay for something nice.

I love your start, Tudor and Breit - very cool.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Two things come to mind when looking at those:
i) you like dive watches with a bit of colour
ii) you're not adverse to simple three handers

With that in mind, obvious suggestion would be Planet Ocean in orange? Also serves as another movement to add to the collection.

If you're after something else then how about an Explorer 1, Aqua Terra or something else of that style to keep the Victorianox company? Ball have a few I like and they use the 2892 so again, offering a movement you don't currently have.

Other typical suggestion would be something smarter? A lot of people seem to imply that you can't wear a "dress watch" with jeans but once upon a time, that "dress watch" was just called "a watch".

Something like a Union Glashutte Noramis two/three hander would look great in a casual environment.
(although I'll concede that our idea of"casual" might differ).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts