WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are still undecided on which Hogrider or Mako II you should get, is it Black or should it be Blue :-s, here is a side-by-side pic of the two.:-!

Yup, I ended up buying both. :-d:-d
The Hogrider's blue is more matted as compared to the glossier blue of the Mako, from my observation...

The blue one is a present for my dad and i have sized the bracelet for him. I will be wearing the black one.:-!

But a small wrist like mine with steel bracelet looks funny. :rodekaart

so I strap her on a leather instead and it softens the mean look immediately!:-d

the pusher is still an issue for me. so i am never gonna bring her into the water. irks me that there is no screw in pusher unlike the original 1st generation Mako.

but i must say, it is HELL A LOT OF WATCH for the money.|>

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for the post. I was thinking of buying one of these but now I'm going to have to buy both! o|

In all honesty, if you had to choose which to buy first or if you were to choose only one, which would you go with? I can't figure out which one I like better. I'm probably going to put it on a di-modell chronissimo strap at some point as well.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the post. I was thinking of buying one of these but now I'm going to have to buy both! o|

In all honesty, if you had to choose which to buy first or if you were to choose only one, which would you go with? I can't figure out which one I like better. I'm probably going to put it on a di-modell chronissimo strap at some point as well.
i am a classic-ky conventional boring fella so i normally go for black as the first piece. more so for divers or diver-style watches as i find black more evergreen and easily match clothes.:-!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The brilliant blue Longfin Mako is easily my favorite. The dial is actually better than the blue shortfin's, imo. Just wish they put a bigger crown on it and a lume triangle. What is the point of having a watch that is 200m WR if it doesn't have at least a timing marker on the bezel??? In fact, without a timing marker, what is the point of having a bezel at all???

·
Registered
421 Posts
i am a classic-ky conventional boring fella so i normally go for black as the first piece. more so for divers or diver-style watches as i find black more evergreen and easily match clothes.:-!
Great point.

I actually just pulled the trigger on a pepsi mako so the hogrider will have to wait a bit longer but when the time comes I'll probably go for the black.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The brilliant blue Longfin Mako is easily my favorite. The dial is actually better than the blue shortfin's, imo. Just wish they put a bigger crown on it and a lume triangle. What is the point of having a watch that is 200m WR if it doesn't have at least a timing marker on the bezel??? In fact, without a timing marker, what is the point of having a bezel at all???
I agree completely. Its the one thing that I really don't like about the watch.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1 on that.

the blue on the mako seems "glossier" than this blue. this blue also seemed a bit "speckled":-d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.