WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can buy only one watch around $1500 for daily use and use it for the rest of your life,

what would you like to buy?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You can sometimes get lucky and snag a Ball Deepquest around that price. I have one, and that's what I'd choose. It's an incredible value for what it is. Titanium takes twice as long to machine as steel and they made a monocoque titanium watch. Overall build quality is top notch and the movement is a chronometer grade 2892, arguably the most practical 3 hand engine out there.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Seiko SKZ211. It isn't anywhere near $1500, but it is the watch I would and have bought. A close second would be a used Sinn U1. I also enjoy my U1.

20200906_070737.jpg
20200607_065148.jpg

·
Premium Member
21,510 Posts
As a daily/only watch, probably one of the entry-level Grand Seiko 9F HAQ models, which is around $1700.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Shinola Monster diver. Sellita movement, micro adjust clasp, great fit and finish, outstanding lume, clean non-homage design, and lifetime warranty! I have one and like it a lot.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Was leaning towards 9F GS as well since I've always lusted after one, but I think I'd miss the mechanical aspect and dive bezel too much if it were my only option til death. So I think I'd drop my $1500 on a SPB149 and a collection of nice straps/bracelets/natos.

View attachment 15443672
This would be a serious contender for me as well

9F GS as well. Didnt know they are that 'cheap'

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it were the only watch I was allowed to wear I’d get a used 1st Gen Marinemaster 300 (SBDX001). Might have to wait for a good deal on a good one but it’s doable.

Great watch that I’d be happy to have as a one watch collection.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts