WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
In that price range I'm going to get something from Ball. A lot of choices if you shop on the GM.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
I vote Sinn 104, but you can't go wrong with a Sinn 556 either. My 104 is super accurate thanks to Sinn's regulation and the top grade Sellita movement and goes with anything with a quick strap change. I'd go for it on a strap and not a bracelet, but 556 probably best on a bracelet.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If it were the only watch I was allowed to wear I’d get a used 1st Gen Marinemaster 300 (SBDX001). Might have to wait for a good deal on a good one but it’s doable.

Great watch that I’d be happy to have as a one watch collection.
The marine master is a great choice, not sure that I’d ever sell mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Sinn 104

Sent from my wrist using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
My weekend beater is a Casio G-shock. Solar with triple sensor (~$70). Rugged and tough. That would become my daily wear, and I would spend the rest on a long drive into the sunset.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Speedmaster Reduced like someone mentioned would be nice if you can find one, but prices have been creeping up, so probably closer to $2k these days.

Zodiac Aerospace GMT is one of my favorites, the black/blue model would be a decent daily, but prices are a little inflated on these right now.

I've heard great things about Monta, my favorite just based on looks is the Atlas GMT, which I think used can be found around that budget.

I had an Oris Diver 65 and would highly recommend that as well. Great fun watch.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I think my Guinand Series 40 was right around $1500 on a leather strap (don't have to pay VAT in the US.) They have some other models for less like the hand wound Series 90E.10. I am very impressed with the toughness of mine. I dropped it from chest height onto tile crystal down and it still looks great and runs at +5 per day.

·
Premium Member
9,064 Posts
I'd have to double check sizes between the 556 and 856. For everyday, the hardening on the 856 would be nice. The semi-marine dial version of the Longines Record, or possibly the indices-only version, would be another option.

I could see a Nomos Club but at that price it'd have to be a manual winder, and I'd rather not do that for a "one watch forever" piece.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Several have mentioned the entry level GS 9F watches. I would go one step farther and say that for $1500 you could get something from The Citizen line. You probably won’t be able to find a washi paper model at that price, but the rest of the lineup should be no problem.

Otherwise from a mechanical standpoint I am really thinking about this as my next purchase and would happily wear it every day: Archimede Outdoor Chronograph

Lastly watches in my current collection that fit the bill: my custom Ginault Ocean Rover came a decent bit under budget and I would happily wear it everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 138 Posts