Registered
501 Posts
Christopher Ward C60 Trident Elite

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bb-man and xInZax

·
Registered
66 Posts
I 100% agree. I’m slimming down my collection after purchasing my 149j. I know people will say it’s honeymoon phase, but this one is different. The quality is above many others, but sits just below the high tier luxury brands. It’s a perfect everyday watch for me. Especially at this price point.

Was leaning towards 9F GS as well since I've always lusted after one, but I think I'd miss the mechanical aspect and dive bezel too much if it were my only option til death. So I think I'd drop my $1500 on a SPB149 and a collection of nice straps/bracelets/natos.

View attachment 15443672

·
Registered
56 Posts
Since I have both, I'd say a Sinn 556 or a GS 9f.

If you have big wrists, maybe the 104 instead.

Reactions: enkidu

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The $1500 price point is the fashion watch range with ETA movements which still require servicing. I'd buy a quartz Seiko or similar in the style you like for $200-400 or so and invest the rest or pay your credit card bills. With watches, IMO, it's go big or go home. Iin this case, going home meaning buying a quartz watch that suits your style for a few hundred dollars and make sure it's at least 100m waterproof (resistant) if you want something reasonably rugged. Your $1500 whatever will be mostly worthless in a few years unless you got lucky and scored a higher end watch for a steal.

I notice that most of the watches posted in this thread are divers that are supposed to resemble a Rolex Sub or pilot watches (of which their are few landmark brands. I own an Archimedes 39H pilot watch which has the ETA2824-2 movement and looks like all the other pilot watches in this thread for about $700. German company with a German made case. But is a diver or pilot watch a lifetime, one watch only purchase? Not for me.

For a one watch person, you want a do it all style that would be rugged enough for camping but could be worn for a dressier occasion as well. Of course, you (the OP) haven't come back to the tread with any more details so...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Probably a TAG Heuer Aquaracer or F1 quartz. I could wear it to work but also dress it down on weekends.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts