WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I was observing my watches and suddenly I thought: if I have to choose (know knows the reason!) just ONE watch of our collections, which one will be the chosen one? And why?

For example, I have some great (for my pockets) watches, but if tomorrow I'll HAVE to choose just one... I think my heart will choose my vintage Zenith watch. Not some new Omegas, not the stunning UG, not the Carrera. This Zenith.
Because I love the story of this model.
Because I love this dial, full of charme.
Because I spent years to find the right specimen of that model.
Because it was my first "serious watch".

And you? What is your favourite piece?

Schermata 2017-08-15 alle 22.27.56.jpg

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
If I was forced to choose just one from my current collection I'd have to go with my Oris Aquis.

It's a proper dive watch equipped for adventure.

Dressy enough for most situations (work, weddings, funerals etc.)

Black dial and SS body/bracelet goes with just about any outfit.

Great heritage and is a respectable watch within the WUS community.

IG: Tradekraft

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I was forced to choose just one from my current collection I'd have to go with my Oris Aquis.

It's a proper dive watch equipped for adventure.

Dressy enough for most situations (work, weddings, funerals etc.)

Black dial and SS body/bracelet goes with just about any outfit.

Great heritage and is a respectable watch within the WUS community.
So, if I understand well, you will choose the watch that gives the best sensation of "reliability". You're not so romantic as I am... :)

·
Registered
12,627 Posts
I have several and would lean on all the reasons you mentioned. My first is the one I will keep forever. A Rolex GMT-MASTER vintage I have had for 20+ years. Love the history, design and it is iconic.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If I had to keep one, it's the last one I bought. Watches are a discovery of technology and how it can serve my needs at the time and place I'm at in life. I had athletic quartz in my youth, moved to adult watches in my career life, then getting older I need them to tell be the actual time. No matter what time of day it is - don't sleep as much now. Up and down all night.

Needs lume if not illumination. Needs to be accurate enough, to show the position of the hands in high contrast, to fit fairly comfortably, endure a lickin keep on tickin. Getting older you can tell when you start beating your watch on corners more. Old men sport ugly bruises and weird cuts they can't even tell you how they happened. A watch better put up with it. I'm not quite there - yet - but my latest watch could be my last watch because. There are no guarantees.

G Shock GAX 100B. Does what I need it to.

·
Registered
10,751 Posts
The "search" tool on this site is a useful thing--it will show you that this question has been asked dozens of times before, with pages and pages of replies...

·
Registered
102 Posts
It would be my BLNR without hesitation. Works in most any situation I'll likely get into as I slide into retirement. My only Rolex and probably the only one I'll ever purchase.

·
Registered
15,940 Posts
Changes regularly with each thread on the subject but this one keeps heading for the front more and more often . . .omg, maybe I'm becoming a Rolex hor :think: . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Come on man, who can pick just one watch? IF so, here is a zinger.... Casio G-shock G-Steel. I can run my car over it and it never needs a battery.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I really don't I can. The Zodiac doesn't go with black shirts. Seiko mod and Borealis are too casual. Visitor lacks a timing bezel. There's a reason I have more than one :)

·
Registered
15,940 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I need one watch with alarm, for when I want/need an alarm. Out of my two watches with alarm, Citizen Calibre 8700 has the more reliable alarm, and it's solar powered, so I would choose that one, for the function. It's not the most beautiful of my watches, but it is perhaps my best watch function-wise.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts