WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Purchased back in 1982 /83 around Christmas so I don't remember which year, I think they were 39.99 back then.

They were hot off the press back then, I used that while I worked in a Bethlehem Steel Mill then in 1989 & 90 as a commercial fisherman in the Gulf of Alaska and Cook Inlet. I still have it, it still runs like a top and needs only a battery every 7 or 8 years. I seldom wear it but will not part with it either, it's the DW 5200 I think

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Purchased back in 1982 /83 around Christmas so I don't remember which year, I think they were 39.99 back then.

They were hot off the press back then, I used that while I worked in a Bethlehem Steel Mill then in 1989 & 90 as a commercial fisherman in the Gulf of Alaska and Cook Inlet. I still have it, it still runs like a top and needs only a battery every 7 or 8 years. I seldom wear it but will not part with it either, it's the DW 5200 I think

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
My absolute favorite affordable Casio is the CA-53w calculator watch. I really tried to like the F-91w since I think it's iconic and I like the design. But it wears too small on my wrist. I ended up giving one away to my girlfriend's nephew.

The calculator watch wears comfortably and fits well on me -- and I love the nerdy 80's aesthetic. The calculator comes in handy sometimes since I'm bad at mental arithmetic.

relaxed.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Although I really like this watch, especially the stealthy dial, it's not one of my favourites.

The strap is a little stiff and the hard plastic bezel has sharp corners around the button housings.
It's by no means bad but I just don't find it very comfortable, particularly with full length sleeves.

Casio price £50, often available elsewhere for £30 - £35 but I paid just £22 (new from Amazon), which is a great price for a Tough Solar.

AQ-S810W.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oops, duplicate post.

Interesting though, those buttons appear to protrude much further than mine, particularly the adjust button.
All four of mine are almost flush with the bezel, not too hard to press though.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,206 Posts
some random :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 63 Posts