WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Purchased back in 1982 /83 around Christmas so I don't remember which year, I think they were 39.99 back then.

They were hot off the press back then, I used that while I worked in a Bethlehem Steel Mill then in 1989 & 90 as a commercial fisherman in the Gulf of Alaska and Cook Inlet. I still have it, it still runs like a top and needs only a battery every 7 or 8 years. I seldom wear it but will not part with it either, it's the DW 5200 I think

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Purchased back in 1982 /83 around Christmas so I don't remember which year, I think they were 39.99 back then.

They were hot off the press back then, I used that while I worked in a Bethlehem Steel Mill then in 1989 & 90 as a commercial fisherman in the Gulf of Alaska and Cook Inlet. I still have it, it still runs like a top and needs only a battery every 7 or 8 years. I seldom wear it but will not part with it either, it's the DW 5200 I think

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,934 Posts
My absolute favorite affordable Casio is the CA-53w calculator watch. I really tried to like the F-91w since I think it's iconic and I like the design. But it wears too small on my wrist. I ended up giving one away to my girlfriend's nephew.

The calculator watch wears comfortably and fits well on me -- and I love the nerdy 80's aesthetic. The calculator comes in handy sometimes since I'm bad at mental arithmetic.

Watch Wrist Gadget Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
351 Posts
Although I really like this watch, especially the stealthy dial, it's not one of my favourites.

The strap is a little stiff and the hard plastic bezel has sharp corners around the button housings.
It's by no means bad but I just don't find it very comfortable, particularly with full length sleeves.

Casio price £50, often available elsewhere for £30 - £35 but I paid just £22 (new from Amazon), which is a great price for a Tough Solar.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,877 Posts
some random :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.