WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Omega Seamaster 300M Diver Blue
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought an Omega Seamaster 300M Diver with blue dials, but i dont want to scratch it up while im on work so im looking for a goodlooking watch i would like to wear and still care about.

Hope you you kind guys kan help me out, there is something with this watch who made me want this. Its nothing else than an Seiko, but i love everything about it. The orange colour looks stunning, i have sent out som mails to some dealers of this watch and hope they have something to say about it.

I have seen some of you allready own this, what is your thoughts about it? It feels good, bracelet feels fine and wearing give som happyness around it. Please join me on this trip, glad to see you all. Thanks in advance, will share a photo and information here for you. If we look at this, what could be cooler for this amout of money?

Watch Analog watch White Light Product

Seiko 5 Sports «SKX Sports Style» – SSK005K1

Link from Seiko
Seiko 5 Sports 'Mikan Orange' GMT SKX Re-Interpretation | Seiko Boutique | The Official UK Online Store

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
> I have just bought an Omega Seamaster 300M Diver with blue dials, but i dont want to scratch it up while im on work so im looking for a goodlooking watch i would like to wear and still care about.
without giving away any proprietary info, can you tell us what you do for work? that will set the stage for watch recommendations....

·
Registered
306 Posts
IMO, if you're already happy about that Seiko, then go for it!

Everyone is a little different, but IF it was me, I would wear the heck out of the Seamaster as well. I daily wore my Speedy for 2 years straight before adding more to the collection. The watch has a few scratches here and there, nothing major. Makes me love the watch even more. The Seamaster, likewise, is a "tool-ish" watch, and will still look super handsome with some age. 10 years down the line, you'll only love it more!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
withoiut giving away any proprietary info, can you tell us what you do for work? that will set the stage for watch recommendations....
Hello im working as salesman in a company who is in chain who sells TV´s and stereo/surround, speakers, cables and so on. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO, if you're already happy about that Seiko, then go for it!

Everyone is a little different, but IF it was me, I would wear the heck out of the Seamaster as well. I daily wore my Speedy for 2 years straight before adding more to the collection. The watch has a few scratches here and there, nothing major. Makes me love the watch even more. The Seamaster, likewise, is a "tool-ish" watch, and will still look super handsome with some age. 10 years down the line, you'll only love it more!
Im also agreed with you but im a wimp so i dont wanna scratch it up, i know its a watch and made for use ofcourse but i feel sad inside to scratch it up and make me confused. This reminds when i was a kid at a carneval at elementary school while someone broke a piece from my Zorro plasticsword. It feels so bad that day so i can feel the pain still. But those times are gone, but i would care for the watch and have it many years. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Seiko you posted sounds like a great choice to me.

Might also look at the Citizen Eco Drives for another suggestion.

Good luck.
Hi, i thought so too and there is no dealer around so i can try it, so im glad too see your thoughts too. Youre all full of help and enusiasm. :)

I would also look into the Citizen too, havent looked on them as we speak but i will check it out for sure. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have the funds and you'd like to add this Seiko I don't really think you could go wrong. I would not wear it in spite of your Omega SMP. And I would not pay over msrp.
I have been looking around some days now and its looks cool and seeing forward to have some information from the dealers i have mailed lately. Hope this will be the piece of the action here. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just bought an Omega Seamaster 300M Diver with blue dials, but i dont want to scratch it up while im on work so im looking for a goodlooking watch i would like to wear and still care about.

Hope you you kind guys kan help me out, there is something with this watch who made me want this. Its nothing else than an Seiko, but i love everything about it. The orange colour looks stunning, i have sent out som mails to some dealers of this watch and hope they have something to say about it.

I have seen some of you allready own this, what is your thoughts about it? It feels good, bracelet feels fine and wearing give som happyness around it. Please join me on this trip, glad to see you all. Thanks in advance, will share a photo and information here for you. If we look at this, what could be cooler for this amout of money?

View attachment 16809769

Link from Seiko
Seiko 5 Sports 'Mikan Orange' GMT SKX Re-Interpretation | Seiko Boutique | The Official UK Online Store
Seems like we were in a similar situation! Only difference is I went with a new moonwatch instead. I love my speedy, but definitely needed something I could consider a bit more of a "beater". I got that exact reference - the orange Seiko GMT and I absolutely love it. I think it is great value for the price and honestly wears very well, considering I've become accustomed to the Omega bracelet. I would go for it, you will not be disappointed. Pictures do not do the dial justice IMO, that orange is great in person.

·
Premium Member
14,374 Posts
My recommendation would be to wear and enjoy your Omega Seamaster 300M diver. And, so what if it gets scratched up. When you have it serviced during its recommended intervals, those scratches can, in all likelihood, be buffed out; and if they can't be buffed out completely, then your Seamaster will have some extra character.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Nothing better than that, but for a viable alternative may I present Zelos. Lots of good colors to play with. I chose teal and bronze.
This puppy was only $300 (Seiko inside).

Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Rectangle

View attachment 16809769

Link from Seiko

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

View attachment 16809769

Link from Seiko
take a look at Tsao Baltimore. Their Constellation mecha quartz chrono is in the same price range, and is a nice piece

Watch Arm Analog watch Window Leg

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

• Love
Reactions: waters2k
1 - 20 of 66 Posts