1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,418 Posts
Moved to Fashion watches because a fashion watch it is. Not a collector's item I am afraid.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have looked long and hard for a nice watch. I want something lightweight, but classy, easy on the eyes, but also on the budget, but also unique. I settled on the Tense Multi Function watch. Its about 200.00 so I can AFFORD it.
I haven't had one, I don't know anyone who had/has one, but as to whether or not it's worth the money, I honestly can't say (it really depends on a number of specifics, like what movement it uses, the materials that went into it, but perhaps most importantly whether or not it "does it" for you better than any other watch you've looked at so far). I'm inclined to say it's a good choice, but for the price you paid for it, there could be a number of other watches that fit your specs; for real input, you might need to be more specific (i.e. were you looking for a dress watch or a daily beater; were there any must-have functions or characteristics - for instance, do you have allergic reactions to certain materials; mechanical/automatic or quartz; and so on).

Here are a few ideas that I think would have fit your specs as stated, and choices I might have personally preferred (I'm not counting shipping into the prices I list though):

1. Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick II Chronograph (red bezel, black rubber strap, Swiss made) - U$165: Victorinox Swiss Army Classic Maverick II Mens Watch 24145 | eBay

2. Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick II Chronograph (orange bezel, stainless steel bracelet, Swiss made; I have one of these) - U$200: Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick II Chronograph Stainless Steel Mens Watch 241088 | eBay

3. Seiko Chronograph (grey/black; unsure as to the model line name) - U$ 90: NEW Seiko Mens watch Chronograph Alarm Gray Dial Mod SNA421P1 with Box | eBay

4. Zodiac Seadragon Chronograph (white and red bezel, red rubber strap, Swiss made) - U$ 94:Near Mint ZODIAC 1882 SEADRAGON ZO2243 RED Chronograph St.Steel+Rubb.Band, Swiss | eBay

5. Rotary Chronograph (unsure as to the model line name) - approximately U$ 123: BRAND NEW GENTS ROTARY WATCH RRP £229 NOW £79.99 - A MASSIVE 65% OFF RRP | eBay

6. Seiko Chronograph (unsure as to the model line name) - U$75: Seiko Men's Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch | Overstock.com

7. Citizen Eco-Drive Canvas Strap Watch - U$ 87: Citizen Eco-Drive Men's Canvas Strap Watch | Overstock.com

8. Citizen Eco-Drive Canvas Strap Chronograph - U$ 135: Citizen Eco-Drive Men's Chronograph Canvas Strap Watch | Overstock.com

(I favored chronographs in this list because that's what your choice was.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts