WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got my new laptop and been configuring it to my liking. Its a Vista setup not OSX. best of all, it doesnt take whole lot of memory. ill be upgrading it to 3GB. oh, those are working gadgets if ure wondering. and u gotta luv dual-screen setup :-!

Mod, i tried to resize it but u cant see the applications but i provide the link if u decided to delete it.

Click link for bigger and clearer version.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/mansrow/Vistascreenshot.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
Personally I hated vista which is the main reason i got a Macbook.
Glad to know someone likes it tho.

Nice screen set up too

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I've had Vista for several months now and not had a single problem with it. I was a bit wary with all the complaints I heard, but with the 32bit version at least, everything seems fine. I always liked XP, although I had more problems with that when I first got it than I've had with Vista.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I have played a bit with Vista, and just do not care for it yet. It seemed too intrusive. I have XPpro on my desktop and laptop, and it does everything I need for now.

Glad it is working for you though!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm getting a bit frustrated with Vista at the moment; it keeps starting to crash whenever an update becomes available. If I were cynical...

Desktop looks cool though Mansrow :-! Are you running two screens on a laptop, or is it just virtually two screens wide?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks y'all. i have

1 laptop on 64-bit Vista
1 laptop on 32-bit Vista
1 desktop on XP Pro 32-bit

i have yet to get meself a quadcore. time will come for me to setup my gaming rig.
wanted to get an macbook and install OSX but all the game im beta testing is not mac compatible.

u guys should try Vista if u have not already. but im still luving my XP desktop.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting a bit frustrated with Vista at the moment; it keeps starting to crash whenever an update becomes available. If I were cynical...

Desktop looks cool though Mansrow :-! Are you running two screens on a laptop, or is it just virtually two screens wide?
its a dual screen setup on the lappie. i gotta admit, Vista sidebar took a lot of RAM resources that i have to use other gadgets.

just wondering , David !!! why is it crashing? did u do a clean installation of Vista on your machine? or did it came pre-installed?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I haven't had a single crash yet (touch wood), and I've gone as long as 2 weeks 5 days between restarts.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I have Vista, but it's nothing fancy. I just have the 32 bit version and everything hides away the way I have it set. I also have the Citizen Nighthawk as my Vista clock.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't had a single crash yet (touch wood), and I've gone as long as 2 weeks 5 days between restarts.

just had mine for a few days. but had to restarts every update and some software being installed. i sure did put some stress on it by restarting too often.

Torrid, i tried the Nighthawk yesterday and it was so small. the dial is too busy for me, simply because i have a small screen and set it on a high resolution. the Nighthawk is cool, though. :-!

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
just had mine for a few days. but had to restarts every update and some software being installed. i sure did put some stress on it by restarting too often.

Torrid, i tried the Nighthawk yesterday and it was so small. the dial is too busy for me, simply because i have a small screen and set it on a high resolution. the Nighthawk is cool, though. :-!
I change it randomly. I have a couple of Rolex ones as well that have sweeping second hands. I changed it up for the quartz tick for right now. The clocks available are pretty cool and quite a bit are available.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I don't use auto update, I do them all at once every couple of weeks before restarting. Other than that it's just when installing software requires a restart. Thinking about it, I didn't restart with XP much more often, although after 1 - 2 weeks there were signs I needed to, whereas Vista seems like it could go on forever.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good call, turned off my auto update. could be very very annoying and when u dun restart, it will do it for u.

i gave up on Vista sidebar. just taking up resources but yeah, theres a lot of Citizens and Rolexes which awesome for those who actually have them.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I found stability increased significantly when I put my desktop machines on a UPS with line conditioning. Laptop, which effectively has built in USP and conditioning was always pretty stable. Desktop has currently been up for 14 days.

·
SEIKO & CITIZEN Moderator
2,527 Posts
thanks y'all. i have

1 laptop on 64-bit Vista
1 laptop on 32-bit Vista
1 desktop on XP Pro 32-bit

i have yet to get meself a quadcore. time will come for me to setup my gaming rig.
wanted to get an macbook and install OSX but all the game im beta testing is not mac compatible.

u guys should try Vista if u have not already. but im still luving my XP desktop.
Same here mansrow. I own a MBP and I'd say there's no such solution as 1 OS for life for me. I run all 3 OSs. Linux, Windows XP, OSX Leopard depending on what I like to do. And I believe there is no such OS that fits for all kinds of activities. You know what I mean ;-). But x-mod from Omega forum Mr.Eptaz hates me for running bootcamp on MAC. :-d

Andrew

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mansrow - say, what gadgets are you running to get the CPU stats, weather, toolbar, etc.? Slick stuff that goes beyond the standard Vista sidebar gadgets. Nice job.
:-!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mansrow - say, what gadgets are you running to get the CPU stats, weather, toolbar, etc.? Slick stuff that goes beyond the standard Vista sidebar gadgets. Nice job.
:-!

happy to tell u.

im running

Rainmeter

and

Objectdock

to get wat i wanted i just tweak their code a little bit. if u have ques, just ask. happy to help you out. :-!

so no one is posting their sick Vista wallpaper? :think:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts