WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Re: New here, and could use some advice on a purchase.....

I wanted to know where everyone recommends buying from in the US? Is it safe to trust ebay as far as fakes and warranty issues? I was just curious if there are any reputable online stores that'll ship quick and be reliable? Any other suggestions for my list?
I'd start with Amazon. Anything sold directly by them, or fulfilled by them, is pretty reliable, and with a lot of things they tend to have the best price and selection anyway. Amazon is virtually always an authorized dealer for any watch it sells, so you can rest assured that you're getting the full warranty and papers.

You'll want to be more cautious with Ebay. Look at the "top rated sellers" first and then proceed with caution when dealing with other sellers. Make sure you buy from someone with high feedback rating (98% or better) and you should be reasonably safe.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts

View attachment 466674 View attachment 466675

Similar to your post, a Russian forum sponsor M Watches has this 10 atm @ €190
The almost bullet proof Vostok heart should last a lifetime, and if you want to fit a watchadoo (or whatever) st.st. later....hmmm think this would make a good summer watch.... oh drat think I might want one

edit 44/45mm is about the limit on my 7" wrist. This is 45 and must say 'am really tempted
That is a pretty awesome dial and hand combination.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have to say, I disagree with this statement 100%. I think that you are infinitely more likely to see a Nixon in the wild than a Boschett Cave Dweller, Divemaster or Haeger Commando. While those brands are really popular around our neck of the woods, the general (young) public will all know that a Nixon is a "dope" watch while the [insert WUS loved brand here] has never been heard of.
I was referring more to the styling than the brand name. The Nixon is a unique styling more so than the others despite the popularity of the various brands.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Ok, I've narrowed it down to these three. I'd like to hear opinions on these. I wish the black monster came with a PVD braclet.
http://www.longislandwatch.com/images/Seiko/snzj21k-1.jpg
http://www.longislandwatch.com/images/Seiko/SNZF53K1-1.jpg
http://www.longislandwatch.com/images/Seiko/SKX779K-2.jpg

I really wish I could get a night monster, but $500 plus is out of my range right now. Also, who is a reputable person on here to contact regarding changing color schemes on the bezel, face, etc.?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

Ok, I've narrowed it down to these three. I'd like to hear opinions on these. I wish the black monster came with a PVD braclet.

I really wish I could get a night monster, but $500 plus is out of my range right now. Also, who is a reputable person on here to contact regarding changing color schemes on the bezel, face, etc.?

Thanks so much!
I've heard that MCWW is a very respected modder. Well I guess their work speaks for itself.

MotorCity WatchWorks

·
Registered
3,208 Posts

Thanks so much!
First one. Distinctive bezel and dial. Color combination looks great and is eyecatching. Like the black bracelet.

·
11,549 Posts

I like the first Seiko you put up as well, very cool new model!! Can't go wrong with Marc at Long Island Watch either to buy from.

As far as Mods go, check out the pictures at Dawn of time watchworks (there you will find a link to 10watches) just google it checkout some of the photos and watches for sale...Jake is the man (he is also a member here).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Seiko Black Monster on the way. It is just more complimenting for multiple outfits/colors. If I see I like this whole watch thing I might still pick up that Nixon someday. I also picked up a PVD Watchadoo style bracelet for it which should look killer. It should be a nice combo of black and silver. I ordered a 20mm bracelet as thats the size info I found on here. I then saw something about getting a 22mm and having to grind it down to fit? I saw Watchadoo's auction on ebay and he had 20mm listed as fitting the monster watches. I am correct with the 20mm I ordered right? Also, the bracelet I found didn't mention the 2.5mm PVD pins being included. If they aren't, where can I find these?

Thanks again for all the insight.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

Seiko Black Monster on the way. It is just more complimenting for multiple outfits/colors. If I see I like this whole watch thing I might still pick up that Nixon someday. I also picked up a PVD Watchadoo style bracelet for it which should look killer. It should be a nice combo of black and silver. I ordered a 20mm bracelet as thats the size info I found on here. I then saw something about getting a 22mm and having to grind it down to fit? I saw Watchadoo's auction on ebay and he had 20mm listed as fitting the monster watches. I am correct with the 20mm I ordered right? Also, the bracelet I found didn't mention the 2.5mm PVD pins being included. If they aren't, where can I find these?

Thanks again for all the insight.
Congratulations! :)
Please post pics of your monster on a PVD bracelet!
(No need for PVD pins - don't think there is such in 2.5mm).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Congratulations! :)
Please post pics of your monster on a PVD bracelet!
(No need for PVD pins - don't think there is such in 2.5mm).
Thanks, as cheap as it was I'm still excited. Maybe I listed the pin size wrong. I was just curious if I can reuse the ones off the stock bracelet? How about the 20mm bracelet size, is that right?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts

Thanks, as cheap as it was I'm still excited. Maybe I listed the pin size wrong. I was just curious if I can reuse the ones off the stock bracelet? How about the 20mm bracelet size, is that right?
Thanks!
Yes its a 20mm lug width, but because of the size of the watch some feel that it needs a wider bracelet, so they buy 22 or 24 and file them down. As for the spring bars, who was the seller? Some sell bands with holes big enough for Seiko's "fat spring bars" while others do not. If not you'll need to buy some special bars to keep the bracelet from ruining your lugs.

Enjoy the monster!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

As for the spring bars, who was the seller? Some sell bands with holes big enough for Seiko's "fat spring bars" while others do not. If not you'll need to buy some special bars to keep the bracelet from ruining your lugs.
Great, thanks for confirming the size for me. I didn't want to buy a PVD braclet and have to file it down. Regarding the spring bars, here is what I bought:
SUPER Engineer Solid Stainless Steel strap, Watch Band 20mm - eBay (item 200522454483 end time Jul-19-11 00:58:16 PDT)

If you think I need different bars please let me know what and where to buy as I'd like to have everything ready to go when it gets here. I appreciate the help being as I'm a noob to this watch stuff.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Great, thanks for confirming the size for me. I didn't want to buy a PVD braclet and have to file it down. Regarding the spring bars, here is what I bought:
SUPER Engineer Solid Stainless Steel strap, Watch Band 20mm - eBay (item 200522454483 end time Jul-19-11 00:58:16 PDT)

If you think I need different bars please let me know what and where to buy as I'd like to have everything ready to go when it gets here. I appreciate the help being as I'm a noob to this watch stuff.
It says the spring bar diameter is 2,5mm so even if it doesn't have spring bars included it should take the Seiko fat spring bars no problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

It says the spring bar diameter is 2,5mm so even if it doesn't have spring bars included it should take the Seiko fat spring bars no problem.
Perfect, thanks!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

Just remember to show us pics once you get it all set up. We all live vicariously through other people's exciting new purchases here.... ;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Just remember to show us pics once you get it all set up. We all live vicariously through other people's exciting new purchases here.... ;-)
I def will. Who knows how long the bracelet will take from Singapore though. As soon as it gets here I'll get it put on and pics up. I'm pleasantly surprised at this forum. I'm used to the car forum people with the "search noob" mentality but this place is different. :)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts