WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A happy ending to a long quest was finally realized today. Took me about five or six years of searching to finally get my dream watch, the Omega Seamaster 300. Four years with their share of adversity, including a move to the other side of the world. I finally was able to grab one at a watch show here in HK from the Watchco boys, but when I bought it, they only had mesh bands with them, so that's what I got! Now, that was nice, but something was missing. During my years of yearning and hunting, I'd always envisioned my watch on bracelet, as I'd seen it in all the vintage Omega ads. I liked it on the mesh, but to me, it just wasn't quite "it".

Recently the bug caught me again, and knowing what a proponent of the 1171 bracelet our buddy OzO is, I decided to give him a shout, probably more than anything to hear some enabling words. One thing led to another, meaning, his enabling words led to my wanting to buy one :-d . Turned out though that I was going to have a bit of difficulty ordering it (which I won't get into), but being the chill guy that he his, OzO stepped up right away, got the bracelet for me, and sent it from Australia over to me in HK.

It arrived today, and let me tell you, as OzO put it, it's "the most comfortable, delightfully rattly, crappy hollow bracelet ever made", and now, my watch truly is, to me..."it".

Thanks buddy...and thanks for looking, guys.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Happy for you Jake! You put smiles on a lot of people here, great to know that you are happy too.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good. :-! Now, I am really tempted to get one of these bracelets for myself. :think:
Thanks, guys.

One thing you might want to bear in mind is that this bracelet is very "vintage"...meaning it's got stamped and folded centre links, stamped clasp, hollow end links, and is very rattly, and tinny feeling. If you don't like that sort of thing, then it's not for you. For me, though, it belongs with this watch, and I embrace the feeling knowing that this is the closest I can get to the that of having actually purchased the SM300 back in '65.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice one Jake, that looks great, might look at getting one if i ever get round to taking the Soyuz Bracelet off mine 300nov.JPG

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That is one sweet look.....very pleased for you. I was after one of the last few from watchco but couldnt flip another watch quick enough to land one.

Congratulations, it doesn't get much better for a vintage look

·
Registered
495 Posts
Brilliant looking combo! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story behind the search for that fantastic Seamaster 300 and the bracelet...loved it!
Congrats to you and may you wear it in good health for many, many years!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Perfect combo of watch and bracelet

Reactions: FOOGauzie

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Just to clarify, I did NOT give JakeB a happy ending. We are just friends. :-d

But in all seriousness, I'm very happy that Jake digs the 1171 on his SM300, it makes for the perfect modern vintage watch IMO :-!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Very nice. I like the 1171 so much that I have it on my SM300 and 3570. The 633 endlinks on my SM300 are super tight, so no rattling. One of the 633 endlinks on my 3570 is loose, so that rattles. I ordered two pairs of 808 endlinks to use on both watches. I would prefer SEL's and hopefully it will help with rattling.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Congrats on your new Seamaster! It looks great!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts