WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First watch I've worn to bed. Lume is very intense...especially at first, but easily lasts thru the night. Wife was like...what's up w/that? :think:

I don't even mind the 'dolphin', rubber strap...but am thinking of putting a curved-end bracelet on it if I can find a reasonably priced one.

Pepsi bezel, sunburst blue dial, day/date, raised indices. Have smacked it up against door knobs, car door, door jambs and a few other metal items...not a scratch on it. :-!

I can't stop looking at it. Is there something wrong with me? :-s

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I second that post.

Reactions: kronological

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Here are a few shot of my Mako:

First, a couple lume shots:

2 shots against a live oak:

And a wrist shot:

·
Registered
296 Posts
The Orient Mako is really the best value you can get in an automatic dive watch. Comfortable, rugged, and classy when need be. These look awesome on natos and leather also (I would ditch the Dolphins logo - I took a bit of nail polish remover to the paint and it came right off).

Nice watch. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I think they are an incredible value as well. Dare I say at least as good a value as the Seiko SKX?

Anyhow...I have my eyes on more Orients for my collection.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind feedback!

There are some good deals on used Orients (watches in general), so keep that in mind. That is how I got this Mako. You just have to be patient. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can someone tell me where I can find a SS bracelet with solid ends and a curved end-piece that won't cost more than I paid for the watch? I have searched WUS high and low and there don't seem to be many options, except for expensive versions and Orient OEM bracelets which, correct me if I am wrong, do not have solid links.

Can anyone suggest a viable option?

·
Registered
14,803 Posts
Thanks. I think they are an incredible value as well. Dare I say at least as good a value as the Seiko SKX?

Anyhow...I have my eyes on more Orients for my collection.
Check out the mako xl, it would fit imo a bit better on your wrist than the standard although the standard looks great, the blue xl is stunning too, as are they all, congrats

1 - 12 of 12 Posts