WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have absolutely no idea where to begin with, this watch. I don't know anything about the dial, case or movement also, it is missing an hour hand, crystal and obviously needs a service. Any help would mean a lot to me, and I'm sure my late grandfather would appreciate it too.

IMG_0692.JPG IMG_0694.JPG IMG_0695.JPG IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0700.JPG IMG_0701.JPG

·
Registered
399 Posts
A little bit of info here:

https://timelesstimepieces.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/rytime-watch-do-you-have-the-rytime/

"RYTIME was a contraction of the words “Right Time” (say the two words fast and you will get it, as in “Do you have the rytime?”). Clever! Rytime was part of the Fairfax Watch Company. The Fairfax name was a trademark of the E. M. Rosenthal Jewelry Co., a Washington DC based jewelry and watch importer and wholesaler; among their other brands were Ellicott Watches."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all your help. Do you guys know anything about the case? I am going to try and find a replacement crystal or maybe buy a different case for the crystal if they are cheap.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,166 Posts
All I can say is that the case appears to be american (from Deboro Watch Case Co., Clermont) so it appears to use an imported movement and an american case. Assembled from parts obtained from external sources, like so many other watches.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts