WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These look great to me.

Model 1513234. Kind of has a little bit of old-school Bulova Astronaut mixed with some pilot and dive watch elements.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

And the Pilot Vintage. This one is model 1513330, but there's a bracelet version that's 1513327. This reminds me of the new Rolex Air King. I know some people don't like the new number layout, but I do. Only issue with this one is, it's 44mm on an all-dial watch. That is BIG. It would be about perfect at 40mm.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Black Strap

It never ceases to amaze me how the "lowly fashion watches" often have more exciting, better-looking styles than the "respected brands." I believe that's the case here with these two Boss watches.

·
Registered
425 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how the "lowly fashion watches" often have more exciting, better-looking styles than the "respected brands." I believe that's the case here with these two Boss watches.
Agreed! I recently bought this Armani and I just can't stop staring at it when it's on my wrist. The mix of vertical corrugated and perlage panels in different goldish bronzy tones is mesmerizing. I do keep an eye out at the "fashion brands" just in case of such a treasure. I'm lovin that Boss diver btw. Thanks for the share !

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Reactions: WorthTheWrist

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,426 Posts
Hmh, all design elements of this lowly fashion watches borowed from respected brands.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmh, all design elements of this lowly fashion watches borowed from respected brands.
Is that not also true of Seiko, or Hamilton, or Tissot?

Isn't every watch company trying to put their own spin on a finite number of design elements?

I certainly don't see any blatant rip-off of any watch with the examples above. Indeed, those are more unique takes on a dive and pilot watch than I see from most.

Have you thought about asking not to moderate a forum for which you hold contempt?

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,426 Posts
For the uninformed: I do not moderate this forum. However I do post here from time to time and I do not see any reason not to do so, even if you feel I stepped on your toes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, that Hugo has some nice looks. Might have to have a look at them after I purchase a Casio MDV-106 haha.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a Hugo Boss 'The James'. I really like it. I am thinking of rotating it out with a 'proper dress watch', but I can't find one I like as much.

·
Registered
20,782 Posts
Calvin Klein and now Hugo Boss have perhaps the most attractive "fashion watches" for men.
Only young men are captured by those watches.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts