WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One can dream (or support their delusions lol)

I travel mostly just across the US, so my need for a 24 hour scale isnt that great.

Are there any (prefer diver style) watches out there that are gmt in style except the second time zone tracking is done in 12 hour?

Id love a standard 12 hour hand, jumping second 12 hour hand, and a 12 hour scale bezel insert.

Reactions: Black5 and PetrosD

·
Registered
923 Posts

I travel mostly just across the US, so my need for a 24 hour scale isnt that great.

Are there any (prefer diver style) watches out there that are gmt in style except the second time zone tracking is done in 12 hour?

Id love a standard 12 hour hand, jumping second 12 hour hand, and a 12 hour scale bezel insert.
Funny, I'm looking for the same thing. Even though I travel to Europe from the US I would rather track multiple time zones with a 12 hour bezel and 12 hour GMT hand. Although it can only track two time zones, I'm taking a close look at the Heuer Autavia chronograph with the 12 hour bezel.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny, I'm looking for the same thing. Even though I travel to Europe from the US I would rather track multiple time zones with a 12 hour bezel and 12 hour GMT hand. Although it can only track two time zones, I'm taking a close look at the Heuer Autavia chronograph with the 12 hour bezel.
Long ago I resigned that this will never happen, so I did a SKX mod with a ceramic/lumed 12 hour insert.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I would love this as well. I have several multi-zone watches and two of them are jumping hand 24 hours bezel. A couple are 3 handers with rotating 12 hour bezels. One of them is a slaved GMT hand with rotating 24 hour bezel.

I prefer the functionality of the 3 hander, but would love the 12 hour bezel fixed with a 4th hand. That GMT hand is a good look.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts

I agree.
I can't get used to a 24H hand and a 12H hand sharing the same dial.

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

·
Registered
172 Posts
You should check out Glycine Airman. Although they have 24h dial, I believe some of the models have 2 hour hands and a rotating 24h bezel. So now you can keep track of 3 time zones.

Good luck.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should check out Glycine Airman. Although they have 24h dial, I believe some of the models have 2 hour hands and a rotating 24h bezel. So now you can keep track of 3 time zones.

Good luck.

Kevin
I have looked at those, but they are 24 hour watches.

They do have a quartz dual 12 I believe, but Im not that desperate :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
maybe I’m missing something but if the 12 hour bezel rotates why do you need the second hour hand? tracking 3 different time zones without any am/pm indication seems aggressive so presumably you’d only be charting 2...

·
Registered
923 Posts
Long ago I resigned that this will never happen, so I did a SKX mod with a ceramic/lumed 12 hour insert.
You can get two time zones with the Glycine Airman Double Twelve, but not three gone zones. But the Glycine would be the same solution as the modded SKX.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

Your best bet would be a modded bezel insert. The likes of H2O have a huge ton of customization options, including case shapes, colors, hand options, and bezels. They may put a 12 hour bezel in for you in thier GMT

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
maybe I’m missing something but if the 12 hour bezel rotates why do you need the second hour hand? tracking 3 different time zones without any am/pm indication seems aggressive so presumably you’d only be charting 2...
I really only need two timezones, so a good rotating 12 hour bezel is probably all I need. I just haven't found one that I like yet without going to a higher cost watch. Halios had some nice ones, but they're long sold out. I'm not crazy about the Glycine Airman Double Twelve. I have an Airman purist and an Airman GMT with a 24 hour GMT. A nice 3 hander with a rotating 12 hour bezel would be good for me.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

Couldn't you just take any old diver and change the bezel out for a 12 hour one?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I have spent the better part of 2 years looking for the OP's watch, and haven't found it yet, so I'm very interested in this thread. It's hard enough to find a 12-hr bezel on most watches (boy I wish Sinn would make it an option!), and I haven't found that many 12-hr movements that work like a GMT, and I haven't found any that combine both.

Here are two 12-hour dual times (without bezels) from Montblanc ...

The Heritage Chronometrie Dual Time is a very good option ... no bezel, but the main hour hand is quickset (and adjusts the date forward or backward) for local time, and the home-time hour hand has a day/night/24-hr indicator at 12:00 in case you do venture across the date line.

Unknown-40.jpeg

Sorry, of course I don't have a picture with the home time hand showing, but you can just barely see the blue hand underneath the hour hand ... If you are remotely interested, MB has discontinued this watch, and you can get it massively discounted at a MB boutique with full warranty for about what you'd pay GM (or even less, depending on the GM seller). The main movement is a Sellita SW200, but the dual time module is an in-house complication built by MB.

PS: I borrowed a picture from the Hodinkee review showing both hour hands, hope they don't mind ...

_img.jpg

Montblanc also has the Nicolas Rieussec Dual Time, which functions in more or less the same way. Unlike the Heritage Chronometrie, this is an entirely in-house integrated movement.

Unknown-3 copy.jpeg

Again, sorry, not a great picture. The weird greenish glow is from the lumed numerals that are embedded in the ceramic dial, which is pretty cool IMO. The home time hand is the skeleton hand at 11:00 ... IRL, it's much more legible. The main hour hand is quickset, and moves the date back or forth. The window at 9:00 is the home time AM/PM indicator.

Good luck! Hope you find what you're looking for!

PS -- Damasko offers 12-hour bezel options on most of their watches, and their rotating bezels are super smooth.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,620 Posts
I really only need two timezones, so a good rotating 12 hour bezel is probably all I need. I just haven't found one that I like yet without going to a higher cost watch. Halios had some nice ones, but they're long sold out. I'm not crazy about the Glycine Airman Double Twelve. I have an Airman purist and an Airman GMT with a 24 hour GMT. A nice 3 hander with a rotating 12 hour bezel would be good for me.
Check out the Timex Navi Harbor and Navi Ocean models. Several of them have rotating 12 hour bezels.
https://www.timex.com/navi-harbor-38mm-fabric-strap-watch/TW2R73300LG.html

·
Premium Member
21,815 Posts
My Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie Dual Time has two 12 hour hands, but without a 12 hour bezel. You can quickset the main hour hand, and the blue hometime hand is paired with a 24 hour subdial at the top to indicate day/night.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are not missing anything. I never said my request was based in logic or sanity :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 39 Posts