WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I'm confused by this one. To me it looks real, but a different bezel. The information I read says the dial is the blue bond, but it almost looks black in the pictures and I think that's what is throwing me off. Does this look real to you?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
but I'm confused by this one. To me it looks real, but a different bezel. The information I read says the dial is the blue bond, but it almost looks black in the pictures and I think that's what is throwing me off. Does this look real to you?

a giveaway with these is the bracelet. if the end fittings are made from a single piece of metal it's a fake. best seen from the back. but from this view i'd have my doubts about it.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
It's ok, just an older model. When the Bond SMP was released, way back in the early 90s, there were quite a few variants: two-tones, white dials, silver bezels, etc.

eric

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only one I saw the skeleton hands on was the actual Bond SMP. I'm used to seeing the sword hands on all others.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
The only one I saw the skeleton hands on was the actual Bond SMP. I'm used to seeing the sword hands on all others.
If you see a 300m SMP with the "Bond-style" round markers, it should have skeleton hands.

Incidentally, the reference number for this one is 2532.80. If you run a google search, you'll find some other examples.

eric

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
It's fine....

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
That's a really nice one. It looks OK to me as well. I have an earlier model too.

I wouldn't worry about it now but I did when I first got it. Thanks to Eric by the way...

Glimmer

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After looking it up, I'm really liking this one. The blue markers on the polished bezel are pretty neat.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
After looking it up, I'm really liking this one. The blue markers on the polished bezel are pretty neat.
And they're engraved...puts a nice touch to the watch. Sort of like a prototype of the electric blue right now. Is it full sized (40-41mm)?

Glimmer

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
'94 model this one, by the way, the SeMPC was Watch Of The Year when it was introduced...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts