Watch Strap Fashion accessory Analog watch Watch accessory

I have some technical ideas
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Another "design problem is the hight difference
Architecture Sky Animation 3d modeling Tower

What you all thing of this design?

See less See more
#2 ·
I like it. It is bold and different, and easy to read. Comfort is the big unknown. I would suggest mocking it up with a 3D printer to see how it wears on the wrist.

What are the dimensions?

#5 ·
With your detailed cutaway, I don't see any reason this couldn't be workable. As the others say, a big question is the comfort of having the lengthy downward lugs.

#7 ·
View attachment 14281019
It's a clean watch design..
the trick is the crystal
View attachment 14281021
I have some technical ideas
View attachment 14281023
Another "design problem is the hight difference

i like the design especially the crystal curved edge, also the lugs and the hands has some (Squid) aesthetic feel to it.
it feels like an old and modern design at the same time, thats good. im more of a designer than an engineer, so i can't tell you much about technical stuff. i like the overall design.
may i ask you about the software you used for rendering ? and did you plot the cross section view before modeling it in 3D ?

#11 ·
I think as a rough concept it has a few things working for it, but currently this would be a pretty impractical watch. Assuming the 6498 or 6497, those lugs will be well over 50mm (l2l) and the thickness looks to be getting up there as well.

My first suggestion would be to base it off a different movement and reassess the size and proportions so that it becomes more wearable.

#18 ·
Does anyone know where I could print something small an detailed like this?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
You might want to consider contacting a laser sintered metal company.

Reactions: ProdCastDesign
#20 ·
I don’t like the sub second hand but like the concept. Historically domed dials were used to decrease the watch thickness by allowing the movement to be up inside the dial. So the domed dial had a function. My Max Bill Chronoscope is an example. Your sub second design negates this.

Reactions: ProdCastDesign
#21 · (Edited)
I like it a lot. I think the dome/hemisphere looks good and is functional. I appreciate the strength and natural look of domes. Being more 3D allows a wider field of view and it can be read from the side more easily.

I think it would look really cool if the dial was decorated like one of the earths hemispheres and the sundial was some sort of revolving moon phase complication.

#22 ·
I like it a lot. I think the dome/hemisphere looks good and is functional. I appreciate the strength and natural look of domes. Being more 3D allows a wider field of view and it can be read from the side more easily.

I think it would look really cool if the dial was decorated like one of the earths hemispheres and the sundial was some sort of revolving moon phase complication.
Thanks I'll need to think about the dail though....

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.