WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Of all the amazing gorgeous watches out there, price no option.....

GWG1000 Mudman. It would last longer than me on that island.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
The Breitling Emergency. Outside of that, a watch with a curved sapphire crystal that I could extract and use as a reflector.

Reactions: TinyGarmsCo

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
I would walk to the local AD and pick up the Steel Sub.

·
Registered
Rolex datejust
1,202 Posts
Give me my spb143. I like isolation and a trusty companion that can handle anything

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
This guy. Casio ProTrek PRW-3100.

Solar-powered, altimeter, barometer, compass, thermometer, sunrise/sunset data, timer, stopwatch, alarms. Water resistant, tough, has a backlight.

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Shouldn't the Breitling Emergency be the only watch one would want in this situation?
Have you seen the state of the world lately? I think it's the last watch you'd want.... God forbid someone rescued you and dragged you back to 'civilization'.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I would walk to the local AD and pick up the Steel Sub.
good plan, the only way they would have one is in a deserted island fantasy dream like this, so you may have a chance.

The more likely scenario is you'd have to write your name in the sand to get on their waiting list and you'd probably be rescued before your name was called.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Why, exactly, would you need a watch while stranded on a deserted island? To make sure you don't miss reruns of "Gilligan's Island" on the local palm tree network?
Well obviously one wouldn't require a time piece if stranded on an island! :rolleyes:

Why would you need a watch at all when you have a phone that tells the time?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Some watches (like the ProTrek posted earlier) have features like a barometer and compass...potentially handy features for being stuck on an island, for navigation or weather alerts.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts