WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting an skx007 from dagaz/10watches or one of the ebay vendors that ships from Singapore. Do I need to be concerned with import/customs fee when it's shipped to the US?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm thinking about getting an skx007 from dagaz/10watches or one of the ebay vendors that ships from Singapore. Do I need to be concerned with import/customs fee when it's shipped to the US?
I've ordered numerous e-bay watches from Singapore, and have never been charged an import/customs fee.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've never been taxed from shipments from Hong Kong, or Singapore. Japan is another story, I guess Hawaii is a customs hub and stuff doesn't slide through from Japan as easily as other US cities

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I ordered a watch from Japan and did not have to pay any duties. It went through customs in San Francisco

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You will however get hit with an International Service Fee of 3% from your Credit or Debit card company.
The fee does not show up on the PayPal Invoice, you will see it later on your CC or DB card statement.
frabcobollo

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Tangentially related to your concern: US Customs law allows you to receive, TAX FREE, up to either $10,000 or $17,000 - I forget - in "gifts" from outside the US.

You'd do well check the facts yourself, but my point is, I was surprised to see that it was a fairly large sum. So I doubt they would bother you about something like a watch that costs so little in the big scheme of things.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
It's ALWAYS a "crap shoot". Having said THAT, the only watches that REALLY get any consistent "scrutiny" are watches that say "Rolex" on them; whether they're actually real Rolex or "reprica". Odds are you won't have any problems; ironically, I personally have had THE most trouble getting stuff from Canada, whether it's watches or any other thing. I got a '65 GTO from Canada few years ago - Customs screwed up the paperwork, and I came to find out that there was a bench warrant out for my arrest for importing an "illegal" car; THAT was a clusterf*ck to fix, to the point that I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from Canada again - YMMV...

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
One caveat. Have it sent via mail, EMS if you are in a hurry or concerned about security. I have had sellers use regular mail with no problems, but it takes a bit longer. FedEx is notorious for collecting fees and duties that are not due if items are mailed.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
One caveat. Have it sent via mail, EMS if you are in a hurry or concerned about security. I have had sellers use regular mail with no problems, but it takes a bit longer. FedEx is notorious for collecting fees and duties that are not due if items are mailed.
+1

You now heard it here twice: AVOID Fedex.
They're Hassle Masters, probably in the service of the (bad) Illuminati.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've ordered numerous e-bay watches from Singapore, and have never been charged an import/customs fee.
Have you ever been asked to fill out any forms by customs? Are you in USA? I ordered a Casio PRW-3000TJF from France and recently got a call from US customs in Miami asking me to fill out some forms...hopefully I will not be slapped with customs fees...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Definitely avoid Fedex!!! You'll end paying for customs. Use EMS, never paid customs yet;)

+1

You now heard it here twice: AVOID Fedex.
They're Hassle Masters, probably in the service of the (bad) Illuminati.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree with avoiding FedEx. Bought an 007 from an Ebay seller and ended up paying almost 40.00 for shipping and another 26.00 for Customs tax.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wonder how much if any customs fees I would have to pay from my $400 Casio watch....
On Customs form, seller had declared value at 111.00, so ballpark would be 26.00 for every hundred. In your case, roughly 115.00. But that's just a guess.

Be patient and let USPS/Canada Post or wherever you are at handle it as you will most likely avoid any customs that way. I received 2 watches this week that took 2 weeks to arrive and I just signed off I went, no other charges incurred.

·
Registered
992 Posts
My stuff always goes through Chicago customs. Never paid a dime on thousands of dollars of watches. All items were properly declared by the shipper as well at full value. So nothing shady on my end or the sellers. Must just be luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
On Customs form had declared value at 111.00, so ballpark would be 26.00 for every hundred. In your case, roughly 115.00. But that's just a guess.

Be patient and let USPS/Canada Post or wherever you are at handle it as you will most likely avoid any customs that way. I received 2 watches this week that took 2 weeks to arrive and I just signed off I went, no other charges incurred.

Thanks for the kind word. Can you please ellaborate a bit more on what you mean by being patient and signed off? The watch is being sent to me via something called Chronopost (French postal service?). I am not sure if USPS takes over once it gets to US. Did you have to fill out any customs forms? If so what do they normally ask for?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the kind word. Can you please ellaborate a bit more on what you mean by being patient and signed off? The watch is being sent to me via something called Chronopost (French postal service?). I am not sure if USPS takes over once it gets to US. Did you have to fill out any customs forms? If so what do they normally ask for?
Generally FedEx is a next day air service and because of such a service, you will most likely get dinged with customs as opposed to a slower service.

Being patient is meant to wait the 2-3 week shipping period instead of using air service. But most sellers use a service that requires a signature, although slower, so when it arrives, you just sign for package and off you go.

Seller signs customs, not buyer. If you went overseas and bought something to declare back in the States/Canada you would have to fill out customs. Those forms are just name/address/value/use/origin of content. Not anything you should have to worry about.

And yes, USPS should take over handling once it enter US borders, unless the seller has alternate arrangements which could be any of the ground couriers used in your particular city (UPS/DHL/FedEx Ground).

I found a site that uses FedEx air, but they won't ship Seiko box and they declare value at 48.00 to sneak around customs. Still debating on whether I want to chance it though and order from them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Generally FedEx is a next day air service and because of such a service, you will most likely get dinged with customs as opposed to a slower service.

Being patient is meant to wait the 2-3 week shipping period instead of using air service. But most sellers use a service that requires a signature, although slower, so when it arrives, you just sign for package and off you go.

Seller signs customs, not buyer. If you went overseas and bought something to declare back in the States/Canada you would have to fill out customs. Those forms are just name/address/value/use/origin of content. Not anything you should have to worry about.

And yes, USPS should take over handling once it enter US borders, unless the seller has alternate arrangements which could be any of the ground couriers used in your particular city (UPS/DHL/FedEx Ground).

I found a site that uses FedEx air, but they won't ship Seiko box and they declare value at 48.00 to sneak around customs. Still debating on whether I want to chance it though and order from them.
I ordered these from Amazon so I had no idea what mail service the seller would use. I do not know if I should be patient at this point and just wait for my package or fill out the paperwork the customs are requesting and hope I will not be charged fees. To add to the problem thr seller stopped communicating with me so I do not know what value they originally declared...I have opened a claim with Amazon but I am hopping to get my watch instead of a refund...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Importing to US from Europe

Hi.

Short question: If I wanna order some watch from Europe, should I pay any taxes and fees or not?
I was paying some when ordered two same items from Canada, but watches might be different.

Or can anyone confirm there's no taxed or hidden fees other then watch itself and shipping.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts