WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very impressed with the accuracy of my little 7710.

I am using my GW 2000 as a reference source (it sync's without fail every night which is as it ought to be as I am only 60 miles south of the UK transmitter beacon) and 3 weeks ago I sync'd the 7710 with my reference source.

And 3 weeks later I reckon the 7710 has gained maybe half a second max - it's very hard to tell exactly how much it has gained but it is definitely under a second.

In my books that is amazing for a watch I paid so little for.

What a steal these quartz beautys are. :)

Is this performance typical of a battery powered G?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My mudman has gained 2 seconds in 3 weeks.

Riseman has gained about .5 seconds in 3 weeks.

Luminox has lost .5 seconds in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've never timed my Gs but that's really fantastic performance you have there:-! Do you wear it all the time? Apparently Quartz watches perform better on the wrist. Something about temperature sensitivity. Wearing it causes the temperature to be more stable. :think:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never timed my Gs but that's really fantastic performance you have there:-! Do you wear it all the time? Apparently Quartz watches perform better on the wrist. Something about temperature sensitivity. Wearing it causes the temperature to be more stable. :think:
It's on my wrist every day Mon to Fri for around 8 hours.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi NickintheLakes,

I hadn't compared my 7710 to the atomic clock until you have posted this thread, and I am happy to report that in the month that I have had mine, it has lost just over a second! So well impressed with mine too. :-!

By the way, I also live in the UK, beautiful place Cumbria! (Sorry, off-topic :-x)

Cheers!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've always been led to believe that a watch that is Quartzs should be accurate, I've never really heard much else except here.
In the past I never noticed if my watch was off but I also set it at every time change..
I have mechanical watch's that drive me nuts.. I finally opened up my Vostok and adjusted it to where it keeps pretty good time but thats in the watch box...on your wrist.."Who Knows"
My Orient I need a case opener to slow it down alittle 3 min a week drives me nuts o|

With Casio's 15-/+ per month I think I can live with that..knowing that on the outside it will be 1.5 +/- off in 6 months more then that I'll call it defective for a Quartz watch

Honestly 15sec off in 6 months for a digital watch should be the norm.. If you start adding hands and mechancial date changes then maybe 15 sec. a month would be ok

Just my Opinion :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Honestly 15sec off in 6 months for a digital watch should be the norm.
Difficult to achieve in practice, with low-cost movements that zip out of the machines in their thousands.

It can be achieved, of course, and bettered, but only at the cost of pushing the watch into a different price category. Or you can just get lucky, because some cheap movements will be more or less spot on.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Well it always made me wonder if the Atomic watch's just use even cheaper Quartz's since the atomic would be a bandaid to cover it up..But if you look at the marketing, the cost involved with these type of changes it probably isn't feasible to have cheaper quartz's module for certain watches. Unless you have a quartz's module "A" (Non-Atomic) and Module "B" (Atomic). :think:
But whatever they are doing..they are doing it right on alot of levels :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I agree, the atomic movements are almost certainly standard movements + atomic. Their performance when atomic is disabled or not available generally supports that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts