WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father-in law has got the attached pocket watch and it belonged to his dad, now he is thinking of selling it. Can anyone please give me some history on the watch, ie year and the history attached with the watch company. I am not looking for a estimate on how much the watch is worth, i am hoping to buy it off of him and get it renovated, i will also email him a link to any info i get on the watch. thanking you.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Hi behan,
Your watch is English keywind and most likely a full plate fusee lever.
The case has London hallmarks for 1881 and if the case number matches the movement
number then you can be sure the movement has always been with this case and you'll have a reliable date.

To view the movement you must remove the dust cover, note the curved shaped flat spring
on the dustcover, slide this to one side to release the dustcover and if you post a pic of the
movement (the watchworks), someone might be able to tell you more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your reply, my father in law will be pleased, he has had it for years and i m sure it has seen better days!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My father-in law has got the attached pocket watch and it belonged to his dad, now he is thinking of selling it. Can anyone please give me some history on the watch, ie year and the history attached with the watch company. I am not looking for a estimate on how much the watch is worth, i am hoping to buy it off of him and get it renovated, i will also email him a link to any info i get on the watch. thanking you.
Does anyone know the history of this brand. I have the same pocket watch in gold with a serial number of 1 4262 and 4156 so it should be an early model for that brand.

I thought my watch was Swiss made before seeing this thread!

Thanks,

Dimitris

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts