WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Seiko SKX007
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn’t even looking for a new watch and I saw this one and pulled the trigger. I know it’s a quartz watch, but I fell in love with all the detail on the dial. This is my first German watch, maybe this watch will end up being my gateway watch to a Nomos lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
haha the story begins like so many others, "I wasn't even looking." That is some killer lume, great looking piece, cheers!

·
Registered
Seiko SKX007
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha the story begins like so many others, "I wasn't even looking." That is some killer lume, great looking piece, cheers!
Thank you! And yes the lume shot really sealed the deal for me. I am such a sucker for it.

·
Registered
Seiko SKX007
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I am addicted! In life and in with watches, things are always interesting the more complicated.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks great! My first chronograph was a Junkers quartz. A nice, solid watch. As they are sister brands, I imagine the build quality is similar.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Nothing wrong with that watch. The lume would have sealed the deal for me also. I love lumed arabic numbers and the subdials are great

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Nice looking watch. Cannot blame (or flame) you for picking it up on impulse.

Reactions: Marc MTZ

·
Registered
Seiko SKX007
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great! My first chronograph was a Junkers quartz. A nice, solid watch. As they are sister brands, I imagine the build quality is similar.
Yup! They are both owned by PointTec, I like the way The Junker Aviation watches look, clean design.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Great looking watch. Good luck with it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with quartz. I said I'll never buy a quartz but four Casios later......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good for you! I almost feel guilty posting here, as I just picked up my first automatic (a 40th anniversary gift from my wife after me showing her an article on the Japanese artisan who hand lacquered the dials on the Seiko Presage SPB085 Limited Edition.) And I had decided that my first one would be a higher end Oris or an IWC, some Swiss brand. But one look at that dial and the story behind the craftmanship going into it hooked me! (I still have a lust for an IWC Portugieser Chronograph IW371605!)

Many, many years ago when my wife and I were young, I had my first job after grad school, and we lived in the Houston area, we wandered into a high end art gallery in the Galleria. A wonderful, distinguished Austrian fellow, the owner, took us under his wing, even though he knew we'd never be buying the high end pieces his rich upper echelon clients purchase. But he appreciated our youth and our desire to learn and appreciate what we liked. As we talked about various pieces, he told us, I have so many wealthy clients that ask my advice for what to buy, and they are most interested in the prestige, the potential for appreciation. And it makes me sad, because I got into art when I was young, because certain pieces just filled me with joy when I looked at them. He said, please promise me, as you get older and perhaps have more money, promise you will only purchase the art that you put on the wall and which creates joy in you every time you look at it.

Very long winded way of saying: purchase the watch that makes you smile and gives you joy when you look at it on your arm. (BTW - I'm googling the watch you showed, that's cool looking! Do you have a link?)

·
Registered
Seiko SKX007
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good for you! I almost feel guilty posting here, as I just picked up my first automatic (a 40th anniversary gift from my wife after me showing her an article on the Japanese artisan who hand lacquered the dials on the Seiko Presage SPB085 Limited Edition.) And I had decided that my first one would be a higher end Oris or an IWC, some Swiss brand. But one look at that dial and the story behind the craftmanship going into it hooked me! (I still have a lust for an IWC Portugieser Chronograph IW371605!)

Many, many years ago when my wife and I were young, I had my first job after grad school, and we lived in the Houston area, we wandered into a high end art gallery in the Galleria. A wonderful, distinguished Austrian fellow, the owner, took us under his wing, even though he knew we'd never be buying the high end pieces his rich upper echelon clients purchase. But he appreciated our youth and our desire to learn and appreciate what we liked. As we talked about various pieces, he told us, I have so many wealthy clients that ask my advice for what to buy, and they are most interested in the prestige, the potential for appreciation. And it makes me sad, because I got into art when I was young, because certain pieces just filled me with joy when I looked at them. He said, please promise me, as you get older and perhaps have more money, promise you will only purchase the art that you put on the wall and which creates joy in you every time you look at it.

Very long winded way of saying: purchase the watch that makes you smile and gives you joy when you look at it on your arm. (BTW - I'm googling the watch you showed, that's cool looking! Do you have a link?)
Such a great story and thank you for sharing. It is true a lot of times we go after material things or items just for the prestige of owning a well sought after item.

And btw I know exactly which Seiko Presage you are talking about. I saw an unboxing video of it a couple of months back and the dial is such a rich and deep black. It really is truly such a beautiful piece.

Here is a link for the watch that I found on Long Island Watches website.

They no longer have them on sale, since they are out of stock. I believe the owner of that shop also has some videos of the watches and others from the Graf Zeppelin brand on YouTube.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts