WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys ever think Bell and Ross will come out with an in house movement anytime soon?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,840 Posts
No capacity, no production facility, no engineering capacity. Too much to do for a new brand. First step might be to make some worthwhile mods to their generics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Whose asking?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Since we are in the topic of in house movement, I would like to know what do you define as an "in-house movement"?

If all the parts come from elsewhere but the entire movement is assembled in the brand's facility, is that considered in house?

What if the entire movement is made from scratch by a movement company and is sold specifically and specially for the brand, is that considered in house?

Or do every part have to be machined and made in the brand's facility for it to be considered in house?

Some food for thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don’t think they have the volume to support it (and for those who point to other low-volume manufactures, I don’t think B&R has the pricing power). Their history is in designs and cases, I don’t think many people are asking for them to be haute horology.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts