WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I can't get both. Let's not focus on one being overpriced like many say.

I love the new No time to die SMP. It has grown on me so much and every time I see it in pictures, I want it more.

On the flip side though, i'm also in love with the Speedmaster DSOTM Apollo 8.

Being that not only am I a huge Bond fan, I also love the Space history.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The tale of two Omegas..I Love It LOL I'm a newbie but for what my opinion is worth I say go Apollo 8. Awesome history behind that timepiece.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Disregarding it’s prices.

The DSOTM has more unique materials being used, and semi-skeletonized, and has chronograph complication.

The NTTD SMP is a great piece, but I don’t see anything fancy, except for the titanium mesh bracelet. Which is to me, odd. Because I feel the bracelet is a higher technical feat than the watch itself.

Both are great watches, the NTTD SMP wears better, while DSOTM is a bit too large.

If I can pull both off, I would get the DSOTM.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you don't think the DSOTM is too big and if price is not a differentiating factor, I'd go for the DSOTM. What you have there namely, is a timeless limited edition piece whose history is rather undervalued (when compared to Apollo 11) and will still stroke at people's heartstrings for as long as mankind exists. The SMPm No Time To Die is a beautiful watch, I concur, but it's not limited and hence will be around for some time (even though I personally think the vanilla SMPm looks better :censored:)

If you're still not convinced, watch this:
:D
Good luck and do let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like both models. It’s a though choice without knowing more about you. Like always año suggest you go try both on. If this is going to be your only, wear everyday watch, I would be inclined to suggest the SMP. If that is not the case, the I would suggest the Apollo. If I had the chance to get one or the other for me personally, I would get the Speedmaster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts