WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 320 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, two months ago I purchased a new 103 acrylic directly from Sinn. My first more expensive watch purchase and so far the watch is really great. However, I think the friction bezel is a bit loose. With a bit of pressure I can turn the bezel using one finger. When I line the bezel up to 12, it's often a few minutes off center after a day of wearing. When the bezel is lined up to 6 the resistance is slightly higher and it's not going anywhere.

Do any of you experience the same? Is it something I'll have to learn to live with, or do you think it's a reason to send it back to Frankfurt? I never had a friction bezel before, so not totally sure what's considered normal.

Thanks!
(first post btw, been reading a lot this year and finally made an account)

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
That doesnt seem right, my friction bezel needs to be gripped and turned - I think you neede to contact Sinn, send a vid clip to them if possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The jubilee is from Watchgecko (the slim warrington), the quality is good! I also had the solid warrington, but returned it. The individual links were way too large and thick for this watch, made it also pretty heavy.
They do sell endlinks, but i'm not sure if they fit. They are hollow so adjusting should be possible.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hi Cheverian:
I am an old timer... I have both the 103 and the Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch. Have had the Speedmaster since it was new in 1973. That is quite a few years. It has been extremely dependable and accurate. It does lack the date complexity however. My SINN 103 ST SA A is a workhorse of a watch and has both the day and date complexities which the Moon Watch lacks. The speedy is thinner and a bit smaller whereas the SINN 103 is thicker. The Speedy is (because of its age) no longer with me in the pool or ocean. The newer SINN 103 does go for a swim for sure. But like all chronographs that are not specifically divers. I would suggest that you not use any chronograph feature under water. The 103 that I have has the bi-directional countdown bezel. This feature is extremely handy in many regards. In the best of all worlds you could justify having both pieces. Also the SINN 103's lume is superior to my old Speedmaster's. Due to the age of my Speedy the lume is pretty much non existent. So the SINN 103 in short has day, date and bezel. The Speedy has the Tachymeter ring which is fixed. The Certina DS-2 1888 Precdrive Flyback is quite like the Speedmaster plus has date, two (count them) second hands for splits and is perhaps the most accurate watch I currently own in my collection. It is also a very well priced option. It is on my wrist now in my collection rotation... IMG_0226.jpeg

·
Registered
388 Posts
Recently become interested in Sinn after reading about their history, is there an intro to all the different letters in the 103 model names? Sa a be ar etc.

·
Registered
148 Posts
...I love the vintage 103 ti SRS. This is a rare Version of the 103 with SINNs interpretation of the 7750 as FLYBACK (German SRS = SchnellRückstellSystem).
Produced on demand only for a short period of 2 years with SRS print. A older version with "flyback" also exists. Both ti ans steel were sold, according to SINN the ti-Version in very small numbers.

DSC04927.JPG

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
...I love the vintage 103 ti SRS. This is a rare Version of the 103 with SINNs interpretation of the 7750 as FLYBACK (German SRS = SchnellRückstellSystem).
Produced on demand only for a short period of 2 years with SRS print. A older version with "flyback" also exists. Both ti ans steel were sold, according to SINN the ti-Version in very small numbers.

View attachment 14912183
Nice SRS!

A cousin says hi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

301 - 320 of 368 Posts