WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

341 - 360 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forum but I'm on the fence on whether I should go new or used with a 103 St. I have one hesitation for new - the new movement. The 7750 is so proven and Sinn is now supplying these with the Concepto C99001. It seems like it was designed for Sinn and the 103 - not even on the Concepto site. I imagine the question is pointless given the lack of history with this movement but should I have a concern? No worries given the warrantee? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The other thing that changed on the 103 acrylic is the bezel. For a long time the bezel was made out of an alloy. Currently it’s made out of a hardened plastic polymer material. When did it change to plastic?

·
Registered
105 Posts
The other thing that changed on the 103 acrylic is the bezel. For a long time the bezel was made out of an alloy. Currently it’s made out of a hardened plastic polymer material. When did it change to plastic?
I'm watching closely to see what some others with knowledge of the movement have to say.

As for the bezel, that may not be a terrible thing. If I recall, the metal (anodized aluminum?) bezels would show a silver glint when nicked.

I could see an argument that a high quality non-metallic bezel, if it's tough and uniform in color throughout, could be an acceptable change. Especially if the bezels had been bakelite on the originals (?).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just in case you folks have not seen this site. I didn't see any reference to it in this thread but it's certainly appropriate...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wound up purchasing the 103 St acrylic. Decided to go for new with Concepto movement as apposed to used ETA 7750. Just arrived today. One question... when moving I find the rotor is louder than I expected. Also if I tap on the glass with no side movement it gives off these clunky, vibrating, "doink" sounds. I only owned one JLC (automatic) for 20+ years and it was very quiet. Is this common?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where does it say that the bezel is not aluminium? I've not seen any mentions of polycarbonate being used and I personally own a 103 St that I bought last year and I'm pretty sure the bezel is made out of aluminium. Just curios, where did you get this information?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where does it say that the bezel is not aluminium? I've not seen any mentions of polycarbonate being used and I personally own a 103 St that I bought last year and I'm pretty sure the bezel is made out of aluminium. Just curios, where did you get this information?
A rep at Watch Buys. I've owned one for 3 days and it feels a lot more like hardened plastic than aluminum. Of course I will not try this but a scratch of the surface would tell me for sure. Paint has worn on the aluminum edges of the ones that get a lot of wear. I would not doubt yours is aluminum just like you have an ETA movement (which mine does not).

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
longstride,
the 103, is the model of Sinn I would own. No Sinn yet in my collection yet. Vance.

Reactions: longstride

·
Registered
233 Posts
I’ve had my fair share of various brands, nothing over the top high end but enough to appreciate when I’ve gotten back into a particular one. I’m really happy to have another Sinn on my wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love this watch so much. Almost closed a deal on a trade a couple weeks ago but it slipped through my fingers. That’s my supervillain origin story.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #360 ·
longstride,
the 103, is the model of Sinn I would own. No Sinn yet in my collection yet. Vance.
The 103 is a great watch.....it will become a favorite.

Reactions: vmgotit
341 - 360 of 368 Posts