WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I've only worn Steel-Sport-Stunners for several decades, I've ALWAYS admired and been obsessed with the Date-Just.
Coveting, lusting, envying anytime I saw one in the wild.
I even made my dad buy one in 1990 while at lunch with the family....gorgeous 36mm Blue-Dial, White-Gold Fluted Bezel, Jubilee.....
He's 84 and still wears it daily.

I finally bought a Date-Just-41 in August of this year.....ref 126300....Silver-Dial, Jubilee....
I like it SO MUCH I bought another this week....except with Oyster Bracelet.
They both have Smooth Bezels.....but almost bought the fluted version.

I've considered the Steel & Yellow-Gold for a long time.....but may be a bit fancy for me.

Pretend for a moment Rolex made ZERO other models....the Date-Just would still be a perfect-10.

I actually like the 36mm profile a lot, but overall too small for my 8" wrist....

Configurations are endless....truly a Reference item....

Rolex-Datejust-41-steel-2017-ref-126334-oyster-5.jpg

·
Registered
11,427 Posts

I've owned about 8 Datejust's over the years and they're all gone now, the DJ 41 is that good. Great watch, suitable for all occasions.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I don't know about the 41, but I think if you were to only own one watch, a steel DJ will work in every scenario. Beauty!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great pictures guys!
I'll take a pic of my DJ-41-Twins when I get the links installed and in my hands....

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I blame you for this Merv. Lately, I have been looking at a blue DJ41 with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet and getting my wife a similar one for our his & hers collection. This is all your fault. :-(
Thousand apologies Dawg :)

I think you’d love it and I also think the DJs make a perfect his/hers combo. I got my wife the Lady DJ in blue. Think it was 178240 reference and 31mm. We got these blue DJs for our 20th anniversary and both very happy with our watches. Highly recommended mate. |>

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
DJ 36mm is just perfect IMO for the watch (7.25 inch wrist).

·
Premium Member
29,495 Posts
Thousand apologies Dawg :)

I think you’d love it and I also think the DJs make a perfect his/hers combo. I got my wife the Lady DJ in blue. Think it was 178240 reference and 31mm. We got these blue DJs for our 20th anniversary and both very happy with our watches. Highly recommended mate. |>
Cheers mate. Same here. We were looking at a 34mm for her and a 41 for myself. Only problem is that the 34mm does not come on a jubilee bracelet so she will need to go down to a 31 (too small) or a 36 (too big). Otherwise, it will be another watch on an Oyster bracelet for me. First world problems I know. :-(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts