WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site as a member, but have been reading through threads and posts for a while now. I am looking for an Aviator Chronograph style watch with a black (PVD) or dark gray case and a black face. Through my research I have found two that have really caught my eye. The first is the Aeromeister Taildragger AM8023 and the second is the Shinola Canfield Sport Chronograph in Gray. (now showing sold out on their site). My ideal case size is about 45mm, can anyone lend some assistance or advice improving my search? I'm looking to keep the price under $350 or so.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Never heard of Aeromeister and Shinola will be overpriced if you can't find one on deep discount at a closeout store like Sak's off 5th or TJMaxx.

For your budget, I cannot recommend the Alpina Startimer Pilot chrono more highly. I almost didn't post this finding that this price is now stacking with a 20% (max $50) off promotion:

https://www.certifiedwatchstore.com...ial-fabric-strap-men-s-watch-al372b4fbs6.html

And it's in budget with the deal and might even stack with the new customer $10 off? These were selling for $700-800 just over a year ago at discount/gray market and still a solid contender at that price. I have one in a different color option and I paid closer to the old prices... The Ronda 5040.B movement with the big date is awesome -- the 1/10 second marker doubles as the hours marker and the large subdials are extremely legible. My only beef is that the Lume is fine, but only fine and not everything you think should be lumed is (only the cardinal hours and the hands, but not the numerals.)

44mm sizing should be right up your alley also.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Nothing against Laco at all, but I don't think they have any black cased watches larger than 42mm. The few 45mm models they have currently are closer to the $1k ballpark and are 3-handers.

I could be missing something, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts