WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking for a budget bauaus style watch, as I really like the asthetic of the Nomos and Stowa. After searching this forum I have found quite a few, but between Rodina, Rider and Tisell I can't make up my mind! My ideal budget bauhaus would have:
- a good brand name (I like Rodina and Tisell) with a bauhaus-fitting font
- no "China made" at the bottom
- a silvery, circled subdial
- a sapphire chrystal with AR coating
- a slim case

Yes, I realize I just described the Stowa Antea, but like many I'm looking for a replacement until I can afford to spend that kind of money on a watch :-d
Here are the ones I found so far with my pro's and cons (unfortunately I can't link pictures because this is my first post):

Rodina ST17
Pros: silver subdial, I like the name Rodina
Cons: "automatic" under Rodina, slightly out of place serif font, "China made" at the bottom

Rodina blank
Pros: no text at all
Cons: has no silver subdial

Rider M002
Pros: silver subdial, the "Rider" font matches the bauhaus style
Cons: the name "Rider" does not appeal to me

Rider M005
Pros: slimmer and sleeker case than the others, Miyota 9015
Cons: the name "Rider" does not appeal to me, no subdial, date window at 3 o'clock

Tisell Bauhaus
Pros: I like the name Tisell and font, Miyota 9015, date window at 6 o'clock, AR coating inside
Cons: no subdial, at 1cm even thicker than the Rodina, out of stock until january 2017

Any folks here who have any or more of these watches or know of any others care to weigh in? It would be much appreaciated :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Rodina R005 from seagullwatchstore. It is fairly lightweight, a bit less than I was expecting. The seconds subdial ticks away smoothly without complaint so far. The movement can be hand wound but it's non-hacking, which I don't particularly mind. I put a navy blue band on mine and it complements the hands very nicely.

I only wish it was a bit slimmer, but not so much that I'd give up the small seconds subdial to get the three-hand miyota version inserted.

Attachments

Reactions: Aaron007

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good! I really like the Rodina, I just wish they'd change the font and ditch the "China made". How does it keep time?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the looks of it but it has a quartz movement and the subdial isn't silver. I guess I'm quite picky :-d Thanks again though.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Look: You want a Stowa. Buy a Stowa. Clearly nothing else is going to be right and any money spent on an alternative is putting you farther away from your eventual goal.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I like the looks of it but it has a quartz movement and the subdial isn't silver. I guess I'm quite picky :-d Thanks again though.
Dude, you're killing me here. :p My final attempt:

Bergmann 1932, automatic, sapphire, blue hands, silver sub-dial, no "china-made" on the dial, fitting font, around $100 on Aliex.

EDIT: Ah crap, it's quartz. I give up. Get the Rider 002. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Be less picky and buy the blank Rodina along with a Nomos strap from the Nomos store. I wear that more often than my Tangente these days. It's surprisingly well-made and is accurate and reliable. Looks amazing with one of Hodinkee's black crocodile straps too - Strap Finder – HODINKEE Shop
I even wear it to the Met Opera with a tux.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Comes on the mesh.

Looks good on brown leather as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I went with the Rider m002 because of all the ones I listed, that one had the least downsides to me. I only mildly dislike the name Rider. It has blue hands, a silver dubdial, sapphire glass, and the name is in a fitting font. I also ordered the Crown and buckle Cavallino strap for it which I think it wil go great with the blue hands. This will do until one day that Nomos or Stowa comes in the mail :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I just received my Rider m002 and I love it! I put it on a perlon strap from cheapestnatostraps.comand I really like the combo. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
9uvXRWr.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts