·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Timex Electric is interesting.. ticking like an electrically controlled balance when put to the ear but seconds hand ticking in one second increments.. only other electric Timex I have, the seconds hand 'sweeps' like a mechanical.. hope the Timex experts see this and can advise the likely movement inside..

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You've made things hard on yourself, being a 0s, a 3/0 would be much easier.

The 6/0 Elgin has potential :-!
I am thinking I might see if I can somehow make a caseback with a clear window.. so thinking caps on.. is this a job for a 3d printer.. the bezel also fits on the back so if I could replicate that I would be there..

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am thinking I might see if I can somehow make a caseback with a clear window.. so thinking caps on.. is this a job for a 3d printer.. the bezel also fits on the back so if I could replicate that I would be there..
Maybe the solution... going to see if I can mold something out of this...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You have one of the earliest Timex Electrics from West Germany. That model dates from 1963 to 1965. It is an 11 jewel cal 67. The screw in the back of the set crown tells you it is the cal 67. If you want to get the movement out you need to unscrew that and pull the setting crown off and use a crystal lift to remove the crystal and the movement comes out the front. I have 2 of these and they work great. The next generation of back sets do not have the screw in the setting crown. They are 7 jewel cal 84 and the can be marked from West Germany or France. Supposedly this model being quite robust and relatively inexpensive contributed to the demise of the less reliableHamilton Electrics 500.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts