WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title says I’m in the market for a new time piece . Looking to have a more all around watch that could be dressed up or worn casually . Must be automatic and my budget is $800 - $1000 . Any suggestions would be much appreciated .

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Going to need more info than that to throw some suggestions your way. So far we have...

-Automatic
-Dress Up/Dress Down
-$800 - $1000

Any particular style i.e. Divers, Pilot, Vintage etc... that you gravitate towards?

·
Moderator at Large
53,738 Posts
Stowa Partitio. Hamilton Khaki, Seiko, Orient, Archimede 1950, Archimede Klassik.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Hamilton Broadway series, with honorable mention to the Jazzmasters.
Just about every Mido model
Archimede pilots, or the Outdoor Protect if you prefer smaller watches.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
For truly unusual pieces I'd search WatchRecon, there's always something that catches the eye.

Or, you could wait for someone here to suggest a piece. I recently bagged a 38mm no date Orologi Calamai Solo Tempo right in the middle of your purchase range, highly unlikely to come across another.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Vintage would be a nice one to add to the collection
Ok, that should narrow it down some, though I don’t have much experience with vintage styles as I prefer divers style, but I’ll throw out what I have read in in past;

- Hamilton has some vintage style pieces under their Khaki line and you can’t go wrong with Hamilton.
- Maybe look at some of the collections that Sinn has to offer.
- Longines Heritage
- Tissot

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Why don’t you peruse the WRUW threads to get an idea what’s out there?
This is a great idea and I have done this as well. I often like to peruse the WRUW as well as other photo threads to see what’s out there. Doing this not only gives you ideas of what you may like but also gives you insight to brands that you may not be aware of. When you see something that appeals to you a simple google search will tell you whether or not if falls within your price point.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Why don’t you peruse the WRUW threads to get an idea what’s out there?
This is a horrible suggestion and has cost me a lot of money. :p

Reactions: JaseRicco

·
Registered
510 Posts
At 800-1000 vintage, Nomos are av, vintage Omega, Tudor but with smaller dials. Logines, Tags...

·
Banned
111 Posts
The Tissot LL would actually be a great choice at that price,you should check it out and it has good color combination.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts