WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stowa currently seem to prefer to announce new models on IG rather than via FB or newsletter or on their official forum. On today‘s FliegerFriday Stowa announced a Flieger Ikarus Bronze, with light brown or light grey leather strap, with auto or handwound movement.

http://instagr.am/p/CB50oNZonQ5/

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would like opinions on Stowa's bronze look--it has a treatment/process which creates a vintage look. No additional patina can be expected.

Thoughts?

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would like opinions on Stowa's bronze look--it has a treatment/process which creates a vintage look. No additional patina can be expected.

Thoughts?
Well, the FliegerFriday Bronze LE sold in no time. People seem to like how Stowa‘s bronze looks like.

·
Registered
430 Posts

Thoughts?
I have one of the first editions of the Marine in Bronze - it is easily the best bronze case I have seen (and I have seen many) I like the creamy brownish gold appearance, it looks perfect. I am not a fan of green patina or green skin - this is why I skipped the tudor bronze and many of the Oris models. I also bought the flieger but greatly prefer the caseback to be bronze (I got the manual wind not realizing it was not) so returned it. I now wish I had not.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts. I have the Marine small second in silver, manual wind. It's my current dress watch, but it gets no wrist time. So, I'm looking towards bronze.
Best,

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts