WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First post here in the Seiko forum.

Just received the recently released Seiko "Mini" Turtle Padi. Recently completed my Padi diving certification, and thought this would be a great way to commemorate.

Absolutely love this watch - the 42mm size, super comfortable band, etc..

IMG_20180123_065800 (1).jpg

·
Premium Member
7,011 Posts
Love the case shape, the dial, the color, the size.....but just can not wrap my head around the cyclops date!

still I can feel the pull!

congrats and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Gorgeous watch! Although I still prefer my turtle padi! IMO the seiko cyclops are not well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. Agree on the cyclops - not nearly as nice as my Rolexes, but for the price-point and my aging eyes, not bad.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Congratulations on the certification — and the watch. That's a beauty. The only thing I don't like about that new line (aside from the high price) is Seiko's persistence in putting lume on the back end of the second hand. Seems like placing the headlights on the rear of a car. That's why I have an SKX173 instead of an 007. But still a great looking watch in a good size. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I'm not a certified diver however I would like to congratulate you on your certification. Let me tell you that is one fine looking watch. Probably the best I've seen of the PADI so far. Because of this pic I'm back to square one, trying to decide if mine will be the black dial with the bracelet or this wonderful looking Padi. Thanks, LoL. . . .:-d It is only fitting that you commemorate your certification this way. Wear it well.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I'm not certified and I don't see it happening however I would like to congratulate you on your's. Let me tell you that is one fine looking watch. Because of this pic I'm back to square one, trying to decide if mine will be the black dial with the bracelet of Padi. Thanks, LoL. . . .

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm back to square one, trying to decide if mine will be the black dial with the bracelet of Padi. Thanks, LoL. . . .
I have both the black+bracelet and the Padi. Just my 2 cents, if you intend to wear your baby turd in both an office setting as well as weekends, get the black+bracelet. If mainly for casual/ sport use, get the Padi. It is more sexy but not best for office setting. I got my black+bracelet first, then the Padi.

2018-01-26 15.35.53.jpg

·
Registered
939 Posts
Nice! Congrats on both your PADI's. The textured wave dial is awesome! It reminds me of the wave pattern on the dial of my Omega SMP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts