WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in the day the idea of a company making it's won movements was common...almost a no brainer. But these days where it is either ETA or Segull or whatever....an in house movement you hold in awe and shell out as mach as a car. What a turn of events but us vintage collectors are more grounded in the past, the real past.

So I happened on this watch in the last night hours. Half asleep and half trying not to hit the buy it now on random junk as I doze off. I spot this beauty. Well last night it was beauty....but that could be the last girl in the bar kind of beauty when you are half asleep. I had enough wits about me to go look up the movement and info. Half asleep searching Tissot Visodates that may have the same cal 28.5R-621 inside.

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Tissot 28.5R-621

Looking at it a few more times...looking for wear to the gold. Looking for signs of it being a franken....shoot...just buy it.

The seller mentions age to the dial and such....like it was a bad thing I guess. I like it. Love the style of the lugs...

The back is not all scarred up from half witted half brained people with a Chinese case opener...

The movement is in great condition. Rose gold\copper color looking beautiful.

I don't think I did too bad for half asleep buying. The proof though will be what shows up in the mailbox.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Back in the day the idea of a company making it's won movements was common...almost a no brainer. But these days where it is either ETA or Segull or whatever....an in house movement you hold in awe and shell out as mach as a car. What a turn of events but us vintage collectors are more grounded in the past, the real past.

So I happened on this watch in the last night hours. Half asleep and half trying not to hit the buy it now on random junk as I doze off. I spot this beauty. Well last night it was beauty....but that could be the last girl in the bar kind of beauty when you are half asleep. I had enough wits about me to go look up the movement and info. Half asleep searching Tissot Visodates that may have the same cal 28.5R-621 inside.

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Tissot 28.5R-621

Looking at it a few more times...looking for wear to the gold. Looking for signs of it being a franken....shoot...just buy it.

View attachment 12939507

The seller mentions age to the dial and such....like it was a bad thing I guess. I like it. Love the style of the lugs...

The back is not all scarred up from half witted half brained people with a Chinese case opener...

View attachment 12939511

The movement is in great condition. Rose gold\copper color looking beautiful.

View attachment 12939513

I don't think I did too bad for half asleep buying. The proof though will be what shows up in the mailbox.
For some reason, your pics are still not loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,939 Posts
You did very well, I have one Seastar Visodate that should be back from servicing. I will post it when I will get it back from servicing.

Reactions: thoth and busmatt

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I concur, they are great watches

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

Reactions: Paleotime and thoth
1 - 8 of 8 Posts