WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3,631 Posts
Good! Am looking forward to your pictures. That's one of the more expensive Glycines, but worth it I'm sure. Be sure to take a few pics of that beautiful movement through the caseback.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dennis, it seems to me that the prices are coming down on this watch. Although no one was selling it at the list price six months ago, it was still well above 3k USD. They seem to be coming down from what I can see.

Pictures soon - the watch is not here yet.

Thanks for your input, by the way. You were one of the few people who posted to my rants and raves on the various models.

R

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK - here are some pics! Some observations first;

• Big, clean face - very easy to read.
  • Finish is very nice on the watch.
  • You can feel and hear the autowind mechanism from time to time on this beast.
  • Love the flat sapphire crystal
I am not a photographer, and this camera is not the greatest, so please forgive the lack of quality...

·
3,631 Posts
Oh wow! What a beauty. Haven't seen really good pics of that particular model/dial combo until now. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Man thanks a great looking watch

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind comments, folks. I am enjoying wearing this watch - the 24 hour red hand is great, and very easy to read the bezel time which I use often. I am also getting used to the fact that the white hands rotate 2x around the face.

What do you guys think about a band? I usually don't like rubber bands, but I am thinking of picking up a black leather band such as this one - NEW GLYCINE "AIRMAN" BLACK LEATHER WATCH BAND 24MM | eBay

By the way, here is a late 2008 review of the Airman 17 from Watchtime... note the awesome rate results! They should have made this a chronometer! http://www.watchtime.at/archive/wt_2008_05/WT_0508_192.pdf

Best Regards,
R

·
Registered
111 Posts
Always great to have a few leather options. I used to have mine on the glycine leather and it was very comfortable... then i threw it on a Rob Montana leather vintage leather strap and loved that old mil look.

2 weeks ago i ordered a Glycine SS bracelet from Greenforce on Ebay and it's not coming off!! The watch looks and feels totally fantastic and i get comments all the time when its on the the SS bracelet.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Always great to have a few leather options. I used to have mine on the glycine leather and it was very comfortable... then i threw it on a Rob Montana leather vintage leather strap and loved that old mil look.

2 weeks ago i ordered a Glycine SS bracelet from Greenforce on Ebay and it's not coming off!! The watch looks and feels totally fantastic and i get comments all the time when its on the the SS bracelet.
Do you have any pics? Which Airman did you put the SS bracelet on?

At this point I am trying to figure out if I want to spend the $62 bucks or so on the Glycine leather strap, or go for something with some more quality (and perhaps more bang for the buck). It is always nice to have a strap that is the same brand as the watch, though...

R

·
3,631 Posts
I'm a bracelet guy, but have always found the Glycine leather straps that come with my watches to be very high quality, so I'd recommend that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm a bracelet guy, but have always found the Glycine leather straps that come with my watches to be very high quality, so I'd recommend that.
Thanks Dennis... I will go for the Glycine leather.

BTW, to replace the rubber strap, do these screws just unscrew on either end of the lug? Do I have to hold one side still while unscrewing the other?

Regards,
R

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks Dennis... I will go for the Glycine leather.

BTW, to replace the rubber strap, do these screws just unscrew on either end of the lug? Do I have to hold one side still while unscrewing the other?

Regards,
R
Big Congrats on that beauty :-!

If that screw is the same as in my Airman SST, the answer is yes. If you don't have a specific tool then you must have 2 screwdrivers, 1 to hold resistance in the one end and the other to unscrewing the screw.

It's better to cover the lugs with transparent tape to avoid scratches that otherwise are inevitable with that tricky operation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you have any pics? Which Airman did you put the SS bracelet on?

At this point I am trying to figure out if I want to spend the $62 bucks or so on the Glycine leather strap, or go for something with some more quality (and perhaps more bang for the buck). It is always nice to have a strap that is the same brand as the watch, though...

R
Here are few "not so high quality" pics i just took on 7" wrist. Hope they help you out.

Next to the Airman 17 is the Lagunare 1000 on it's massive and super confortable
SS bracelet (My fav SS bracelet of all time)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just put the Glycine black leather Airman stap on this watch and I like it much better than the rubber strap.

I agree - the quality of the Glycine leather is excellent - this thing has to be 5mm thick...

Thanks for the recommendation... for the price it was a good purchase.

R

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Big Congrats on that beauty :-!

If that screw is the same as in my Airman SST, the answer is yes. If you don't have a specific tool then you must have 2 screwdrivers, 1 to hold resistance in the one end and the other to unscrewing the screw.

It's better to cover the lugs with transparent tape to avoid scratches that otherwise are inevitable with that tricky operation.
I started the process and then quickly realized that I was going to mess up the watch. Brought it to a jeweler and for $20 got this strap on plus I finally put on the real alligator strap on my Maurice Lacroix....

Regards,
R

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.