1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consider the following situation:

1. the demand outstrips the supply
2. the wait lists are long (1-3 years)
3. some places are not even taking deposits.
4. certain models are difficult to find
4. they'll only sell to you if you've met certain criteria

I know you're thinking, "the OP must be talking about trying to acquire a Rolex or a VC Overseas or <insert impossible watch model to get>". Right???

NOPE.

I'm talking about trying to get a dog from a reputable breeder!
Crazy, how in this pandemic world, the same situation is being played out - watches or dogs or you name it....

Anyways my wife had nearly given up after searching for months. Trying to find an English yellow Labrador. But through a providential sequence of events, in less than 24 hours, we had acquired a puppy. He's been flown in from Alberta this Friday!

There goes my watch budget! At least this ought to delay any watch purchases for the next while - both time and money will be diverted for the next while. :ROFLMAO:

Dog White Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dogs beat watches and most other things any day of the week.

Beautiful!!

View attachment 16358124
Amen to that. I’ll be much obliged to post a puppy and watch shot soon enough. I’m pretty sure there is a dog thread floating around on WUS….

Reactions: bam49 and jkpa

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I like the rescue route. There are lots of dogs out there in need of a good home. I adopted my buddy here last year as a 3 year old. And as a bonus, he was already house trained and the adoption fee was low enough not to drain the watch fund.

Watch Dog Carnivore Dog breed Clock

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Congrats!

Should be ok for swimming, I wouldn't go diving with it though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the rescue route. There are lots of dogs out there in need of a good home. I adopted my buddy here last year as a 3 year old. And as a bonus, he was already house trained and the adoption fee was low enough not to drain the watch fund.

View attachment 16358243
Blue Heeler (Aussie Cattle dog) what an awesome dog my friend has one, very intelligent dog.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Beautiful hound matey… my wife and I adore our Labrador. She is worth all the watches of this forum and more to us…. this is a great addition to your family.
Dog Carnivore Working animal Collar Dog breed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats! We’re a few weeks into the same adventure. Thankfully we’re past the surprise puddles on the floor stage. However, those milk teeth are dangerous!

This girl is from Eagertrieve breeder. Any chance they‘re related?

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Wood Grey

Sleeve Comfort Grey Electric blue Pattern

1 - 20 of 117 Posts