WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Blue Heeler (Aussie Cattle dog) what an awesome dog my friend has one, very intelligent dog.
Too smart and stubborn for his own good at times. He can be too protective and very suspicious of anyone he doesn't know. And gets cranky if he doesn't get enough exercise. I looked for the breed specifically because I wanted a running partner and they are known for their stamina. I've worked him up to 13 mile runs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like animals in general we had cats, chickens, rabbits even a hedgehog but dogs are truly special. In my family we’ve always had big dogs, German shepherds and newfoundlands, I miss them terribly.

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Beautiful pup ! I hope you have lots of fun with him.

Titus is my (literal) road dog. We've been traveling together and having adventures all over the western USA for the past ten years. Don't know what I'd do without him.

Plant community Cloud Sky Ecoregion Tent

Plant Plant community Ecoregion Natural environment Wood
Water Dog Plant Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams

Water Bedrock Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Landscape

Plant Dog Snow Carnivore Collar
Sky Slope Road surface Vegetation Fence

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had trouble getting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel back in 2020…

A joy in our life’s

What a cutie, I bought my mother a dog recently and the King Cav was my first choice but the only 2 breeders within driving distance were outrageously overpriced even considering the supply/demand issue regarding puppies during Covid so I ended up with this little guy for her....best $ I've ever spent in my life

Dog White Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
I like the rescue route. There are lots of dogs out there in need of a good home. I adopted my buddy here last year as a 3 year old. And as a bonus, he was already house trained and the adoption fee was low enough not to drain the watch fund.

View attachment 16358243
Amen to going with a rescue dog! There are so many deserving pooches out there just looking for a loving home. Your guy is a real beauty!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Seems like prices are back to normal in UK. They had more than doubled during the last couple of years but we're considering a purchase now and we're seeing more sensible valuations. I think there's maybe more available than there are houses to home them, as I understand it many are being sent to shelters as people are returning to offices.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats!!! Looking forward to the pupper pics. You could combine both loves by adding a watch to the dogs collar, almost like an oversized watch strap.

Imagine that, you and your pup could both have your own timepieces!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats!!! Looking forward to the pupper pics. You could combine both loves by adding a watch to the dogs collar, almost like an oversized watch strap.

Imagine that, you and your pup could both have your own timepieces!
lol. Just had that conversation with the Mrs.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Amen to going with a rescue dog! There are so many deserving pooches out there just looking for a loving home. Your guy is a real beauty!
We also adopted this little guy last year from a kill shelter. He was in line to be put down a few days later. He's 15 years old with a heart condition. What kind of person just drops their 15 year old dog off at the pound?

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Fawn

·
Registered
538 Posts
Consider the following situation:

1. the demand outstrips the supply
2. the wait lists are long (1-3 years)
3. some places are not even taking deposits.
4. certain models are difficult to find
4. they'll only sell to you if you've met certain criteria

I know you're thinking, "the OP must be talking about trying to acquire a Rolex or a VC Overseas or <insert impossible watch model to get>". Right???

NOPE.

I'm talking about trying to get a dog from a reputable breeder!
Crazy, how in this pandemic world, the same situation is being played out - watches or dogs or you name it....

Anyways my wife had nearly given up after searching for months. Trying to find an English yellow Labrador. But through a providential sequence of events, in less than 24 hours, we had acquired a puppy. He's been flown in from Alberta this Friday!

There goes my watch budget! At least this ought to delay any watch purchases for the next while - both time and money will be diverted for the next while. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 16358083
Ah, you got the Snowflake. Nice!
:D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I had trouble getting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel back in 2020…

A joy in our life’s

Our previous dog of 14 year was a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. he passed away last august from cancer.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
my lab sends his regards and he wants you to know your puppy will shed twice a year: once during January through July, and then again from August through December ;)
i'm bracing it for it. i got a box of FURminators coming :ROFLMAO:
still for our absolutely soaking wet pacific northwest weather, i'll finally welcome a dog with a double coat to better shed the rain. Our previous dog did not shed rain so well :oops:

21 - 40 of 117 Posts